The Mayor (Vahn) has spoken - Nuketown 2025

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Highlighted

Re: The Mayor (Vahn) has spoken - Nuketown 2025

in reply to vims2011

I saw what he said about effecting matchmaking.. but here is my issue with that.

Millions of people Pre-Ordered or went to launch events. Thus, millions of people have the map. So... that will fragment the population? Seems like flawed logic to me.

Honestly, I think after all the mess that has been going on, 3Arc should reach out the Olive Branch to the community and give it as Free DLC. It might tick off the Pre-Order folks, but we didn't pay for it either, and we got it first.

My concern is this... if they are worried about matchmaking with ONE DLC map... what will happen when the map packs come out? Can we expect horrible Mosh Pit Playlists for weeks before they go into rotation? This just doesn't bode well for future DLC.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

You make a good point here. I was about to respond back to you on twitter but it was too long for 140 characters

I agree. I understand the complaints from the community regarding taking out a map which was an incentive to buying BO2. I don't see an issue with one map being added into all game modes as a majority of players were on the Nuketown playlist therefore adding a map that the majority have shouldn't really have issues with matchmaking.

Also, Activision are not using the same DLC model with BO2 as they did with MW3 so there really shouldn't be an issue applying it to all game modes.

Personally, I can play Nuketown a couple of times until I get sick of it and move onto other maps.

Level 51

in reply to vims2011

I am the same way. I don't care to play it 24/7. But we have the map... may as well let us use it.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

What you folks are probably not hearing is that Nuketown 24/7 is the reason for the Lag that you all hate so much.

You're welcome

Love,

Wiggy

Level 75

It's simply too much work for Treyarch. They could hardly develop the game itself in a year... How can you expect them to figure out how to implement a map that has been downloaded by 90+% of the community? -oh... the other 10% don't have it? make it free & give it to everyone. It's an over-rated map anyways.

Level 14

Yea I agree, they had made over $500 million on opening night so you mean to tell me that 12 people in a lobby wont have it. If one doesnt have it then they dont get Nuketown as an option just like all other DLC, some people in my clan didnt get maps in MW3, so it wasnt up for voting. Plain n simple. But I think they should have the 24/7 playlist for a bit til they want to add it to a regular playlist

Level 4

Studios