The Lag!!!!

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: The Lag!!!!

in reply to Run_N_Gunning_C

You have a crap connection. .. thanks for posting.

Level 59

in reply to ChestSplittah

You could have a 1 bar in mw2 and bullets would register. You have a 4 bar in this game bullets wont register until your next clip, what logic is that? This game is garbage, need to stop planning on their next game and just take some dam simple notes from infinity ward. Absolutely embarrasing owning this game on how much of a disgrace this is. Dont even worry about zombies if the gameplay is going to be that incredibly bad.

Level 1

in reply to Syphonzz1

Syphonzz wrote:

You could have a 1 bar in mw2 and bullets would register. You have a 4 bar in this game bullets wont register until your next clip, what logic is that? This game is garbage, need to stop planning on their next game and just take some dam simple notes from infinity ward. Absolutely embarrasing owning this game on how much of a disgrace this is. Dont even worry about zombies if the gameplay is going to be that incredibly bad.

wow... I never saw that happen. not once. and I played a fair portion of MW2 on a 2 bar. there was always a delay just like there is now.

Level 45

Latency can be affected by many things. If the remote server is far away, latency is higher. If there is significant other activity on the network, you may also experience higher latency. Some access technologies such as satellite communication also add very high latency.

This applet measures latency by sending a series of small messages to our server and then seeing how long it takes the messages to return. We send 200 small UDP packets (12 bytes of payload), at a rate of 20 packets per second.

What if this test reports a problem: If you are outside of the US, your latency to our servers should naturally be higher. Other conditions may also affect latency, including line noise or a weak wireless signal. If the problem persists, you should contact your ISP to help resolve the issue.

http://n3.netalyzr.icsi.berkeley.edu/info_latency.html

*but over 900ms latency seems very much I live in Sweden and had 120 ms in this test to their servers located as it says in US...

Level 3

Network Access Link Properties +

Network performance (?): Latency: 97 ms, Loss: 0.0% +

TCP connection setup latency (?): 100ms +

Background measurement of network health (?): no transient outages +

Network bandwidth (?): Upload 870 Kbit/s, Download 7.9 Mbit/s +

Network buffer measurements (?): Uplink 150 ms, Downlink is good

its not the latency that was the problem with my old router it was the network buffer which was high at 600ms now its 150ms after i changed router and the game plays fine now for me. im not sure if the game fills this buffer but it made a difference for me changing routers.

Level 3
Highlighted

in reply to jon3sy9

I can't change the router since it's a router/modem that the ISP gave me. I will try and do some buffer float fix but I am not having any lag trouble with the game. 98% of my games were good.

Level 35

in reply to CallOfDutyPlaye31

Summary of Noteworthy Events+

Address-based Tests+

NAT detection (?): NAT Detected+

Local Network Interfaces (?): OK+

DNS-based host information (?): OK+

NAT support for Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) (?): Yes+

Reachability Tests+

TCP connectivity (?): OK+

UDP connectivity (?): OK+

Traceroute (?): OK+

Path MTU (?): Warning

The path between your network and our system supports an MTU of at least 1500 bytes, and the path between our system and your network has an MTU of 1492 bytes. The path MTU bottleneck that fails to properly report the ICMP "too big" is between 217.41.216.225 and 81.132.143.78. The path between our system and your network does not appear to report properly when the sender needs to fragment traffic.

Hidden Proxy Detection (?): OK+

Network Access Link Properties+

Network performance (?): Latency: 100 ms, Loss: 0.0%+

TCP connection setup latency (?): 100ms+

Background measurement of network health (?): no transient outages+

Network bandwidth (?): Upload 14 Mbit/s, Download >20 Mbit/s+

Network buffer measurements (?): Uplink is good, Downlink is good+

HTTP Tests+

Address-based HTTP proxy detection (?): OK+

Content-based HTTP proxy detection (?): OK+

HTTP proxy detection via malformed requests (?): OK+

Filetype-based filtering (?): OK+

HTTP caching behavior (?): OK+

JavaScript-based tests (?): OK+

DNS Tests+

Restricted domain DNS lookup (?): OK+

Unrestricted domain DNS lookup (?): OK+

DNS resolver address (?): OK+

DNS resolver properties (?): Lookup latency 210 ms+

Direct probing of DNS resolvers (?):+

DNS glue policy (?): OK+

DNS resolver port randomization (?): OK+

DNS lookups of popular domains (?): OK+

DNS external proxy (?): OK+

DNS results wildcarding (?): OK+

DNS-level redirection of specific sites (?): OK+

Direct probing of DNS roots (?): OK+

IPv6 Tests+

DNS support for IPv6 (?): OK+

IPv4, IPv6, and your web browser (?): No IPv6 support+

IPv6 connectivity (?): No IPv6 support+

Network Security Protocols+

DNSSEC Support from the DNS Roots (?): OK+

Host Properties+

System clock accuracy (?): OK+

Browser properties (?): OK+

Uploaded data (?): OK

Mine games run like crap don't know if its the mtu

Level 12

I have a very average 35 ping, 5 upload, 1 download. I ALWAYS 4 bar on this game. ALWAYS. If you seriously can't get a 4 bar on public servers, then you should stop playing with your WalMart router and invest 40$ a month into AT&T Uverse, TimeWarner, Comcast, or any of the other cable internet providers. Problem is, most kids on this game play with a Toaster as a modem and couldn't 4 bar to their own host. The small percentage that lag because of other reasons probably have something wrong with their UpNp settings, gateway, or IP/Subnetmask/DNS server issue that causes them to lag. However those cases are very rare and most of the kids that complain about lag on this game are just looking for excuses on why someone better than them got a killstreak.

Level 6

Activision cant afford Dedicated servers because they sell too many games and make too much profits.

Now if they made less money and sold less games like BF3 and Homefront they could provide Dedicated Servers.

Level 5

in reply to ChronicCritic1

its not a question of whether or not they have enough money. Its about if its cost effective or not. Is it improvement (if any) worth the money funneled into it? Answer in CoD case is NO.

Level 45

Studios