The Grinder

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: The Grinder

in reply to PerEverto13

Also, the biggest thing I have had to be aware of with this gun is to remember to spam the trigger. I had the bad habit of just pumping it once and getting hitmarkers. Keep firing or else you could end up missing out on the kill.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

So essentially take the hit on your accuracy to guarentee the kill. Apreciate it drew.

Level 23

in reply to PerEverto13

It may sound horrible,but I never worry about my accuracy numbers.

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Of course I try to be accurate, but I ain't too proud to spray

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

That was one of my grandfathers favorite quotes lol yeah im more about achieving the kill and the win. Accuracy has its place,but some battles are won by who puts the most lead on air before the enemy can ;-)

Level 23

Currently workin on scorpion. There are games where it feels like the 1st shot sails high due to recoil. Starting to get the hang of it tho. Diamonds when I am done with it.

Just finished Chicom and it was brutal. I play mainly HC and some games it would be ok but some games it refuses to kill in 1 pull of the trigger...ever. So I would generally get hit makers followed but instant death. Nothing more frustrating than finishing an HC TDM with 8 assists. There was a stretch of games where this gun would bring me 3 assists minimum.

Really did not play well with an any SMG other than PDW. Frustrating cause I was excited use them due to how many players dominate with them.

Level 2

in reply to wash0ut1

Using the ChiCom now and collecting so many hit markers. I think I have tripled my career assists in the course of doing these challenges lol

Activision Ambassador

My suggestion for hardcore would be the laser sight. once you are used to it you don't need to ads and seems to nullify the recoil. With the scorpion extended mags can help because it uses so much ammo. On hardcore you can get several kill that way before reloading allowing you to make sure your safe before reloading. The hardest one for me was the chicom because my trigger finger sucks. Had to use select fire with that one.

Level 9

in reply to nflfenatic

Laser Sight is ridiculous in this game. It really is just way too easy to use, but has been a necessity for me in getting the headshots. The recoil when using them helps take a center mass shot and make it a headshot.

Reloading has been a huge issue for me. I will think I am hidden, but since I was so close on the previous kill they will spawn immediately next to where I am and come back and kill me as I am reloading. Some of the SMGs have crazy slow reload times as well!

Activision Ambassador

Route running.  Pick a good route that is in the CQB portions of the map and stick to it and just patrol that whole route,  just running back and forth.  Stick to the tighter parts of the map and avoid open, long range areas.  Hipfire like a boss using laser sight.  Remember it's not an AR so don't play it like an AR.  Dead silence/Awareness work wonders for soundwhoring if you have a decent headset and give you a leg up on gunfights where you can surprise foes.  Laser sight and fast mags were my choice perks when blinging out my SMGs.

The Scorpion and Chicom are an exception.  I played them like an AR using a red dot but I still stuck to a route.  Center mass aiming with the Scorpion should net some headshots since it has a very noticable vertical recoil. The Chicom has very tight shot group and low recoil with the default 3 round burst so aim higher. 

Level 4

in reply to SP_6711

Great point about the route running. I still tend to run AR style attack routes and that gets me hit markers or killed more often than not. Laser Sight is key for headshots. Its silly how I can't get them aiming at the head, neck, or shoulders but I get them consistently just hip firing with that silly laser.

I have definitely improved in choosing my attack routes with the SMGs. Starting to get to a point where I am controlling most engagements, and the ones I don't control I typically pay for.

Hardest thing for me right now is getting consistent kill streaks. Working on my ChiCom with no perks/attachments and have yet to get a Bloodthirsty!

Activision Ambassador

Studios