Team Deathmatch needs adjusting

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Team Deathmatch needs adjusting

You just cant score enough points.At the moment this game mode serves no purpose IMO.Yes, i can understand that the simplicity of the game mode is very appealing to a lot of players and im very aware of the high numbers that do play it, but i really think something needs changing.

I have two soultions, either increas the points per kill to 125/150 or increase the score limit to 100 kills.

Whats your opinions on this? would be happy to hear responses

Level 1
20 REPLIES

Re: Team Deathmatch needs adjusting

in reply to StillFlex1

I'm fine the way it is. I wouldn't mind if the match was extended to 100 kills. Increasing the kill scores up to 125 or 150 will just lead to more score streaks; is that what you want?  Personally it's a nice change of pace to have less scorestreaks in TDM - considering I mainly play DOM.

________
FalconR6 | Community Forum Moderator

in reply to FalconR6

No, im not worried about score streaks at all.At best i earn around 3000 points in TDM and thats in a decent game, on average around 2500 give or take. In domination and various other game modes i earn around 5000 easily.And yeah i agree with the nice change of pace thing, but its just not rewarding enough to play it.

Level 1

in reply to StillFlex1

Ahh- see what your saying. I would point out a match of TDM is much shorter than DOM, etc. I remember seeing a video by Woody on YouTube saying that the Party game Sharpshooter was a great way to gain quick XP - ie gaining high score in a quick match. 

To be honest TDM is not my fa v game mode - but pop into it for a change every so often.

________
FalconR6 | Community Forum Moderator

Highlighted

in reply to StillFlex1

They need to tweak it. As it is, it's far more easier to get streaks on Dom and other game modes compared to TDM. People are not complaining about the amount of Scorestreak rewards on Dom and I don't think they will do so if they tweak TDM to 125 or 150 per kill.

Level 35

in reply to Run_N_Gunning_C

Good points made, if you die say on a 700 score streak, theres no chance your going to get dogs or even a lodestar in that game.As i said for me its not about the streaks, you just need to able to get more points.

Level 1

in reply to StillFlex1

StillFlex wrote:

You just cant score enough points.At the moment this game mode serves no purpose IMO.

If you're talking about scorestreaks then this is what is wrong with COD.  If I get a VSAT in TDM under the current scheme outside of a care package I've done well.  You want streaks play Hardpoint and Domination where they give you an extra leg up in getting them.  TDM's purpose is a greater focus on gun to gun action and not have a stupid amount of vehicles on the map in the form of scorestreaks so that it lags the game.  If I wanted to use vehicles so much I'd play Battlefield or Ace Combat.

Level 31

in reply to SitRepPro

Im not on about scorestreaks at all,your all missing the point.

Level 1

in reply to StillFlex1

You said increase the score to 125/150. What is the point if you're not talking about score streaks?

Level 21

in reply to deucedouglas

General points?

Level 1

Studios