Target finders...

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: Target finders...

in reply to Colt45Ridge

What I meant by "see how that works" my statement was just as valid as yours was because it's all opinion. Sentry guns used to be just as easy to take out before with a flash and a quick knife swipe. At least now you can't take out a sentry that easy if you don't have an emp grenade. Sure they could tone down the range the emp works, but when I use one I throw it where it would affect them anyway as I throw it right at the offending equipment.

Level 14

in reply to malditor

Target finder is only good in hardcore mode in big maps. But sometimes it's too overused and played out as a dependent to do good in hc.

Level 8

in reply to Colt45Ridge

Well, given that you moan about them a lot I figured the Guardian was the highest streak you can realistically get.  I play TDM mainly and barely anyone uses EMP grenades.  If they do, it's to annoy Target Finder users more than anything because people spam them in the beginning on Raid.  Maybe give KC a try.  Guardians tend to be used in objective game modes and usually they're in places where alternatives are easily used, like C4s and LMG + FMJ damage.

The reason why EMP grenades are powerful is because they were a joke in MW3.  They were too weak to destroy stuff like Assault Drones and people like myself either used a Blind Eye Pro LMG or lure the Assault Drone into a small corridor and plant a Claymore.  Everything that was seen as too good in a previous instalment of COD has been either nerfed to varying degrees (e.g. Flak Jacket, Ghost, Assassin, SitRep, Marathon, Tactical Mask, Blind Eye), or completely removed (e.g. One Man Army, Danger Close, Stopping Power) while some have been improved (e.g. Scavenger).

Run Hardline and go for VSAT and two other choices.  That's only 10 kills and I do a fair bit in TDM, even if I don't have that much time left so I'm sure all you pros can.  If you're concerned about a CUAV being immediately put up, either equip Hard Wired or use EMP Systems.  If you are seeking an aggressive return from your streaks I wouldn't recommend this game.  3arc makes it more difficult to do this than IW's releases but I like it like that as there's more focus on gun to gun action, not aerial or car simulation mini-games.

Level 31
Highlighted

in reply to Decree117

It's training wheels for a video game, however it doesn't really bother me if you need it, I understand.

Level 32

in reply to Decree117

Oh Hi Decree. So, that was YOU that my LMG + Target Finder was mowing down. Constantly.

Nice to meet you!

Level 6

in reply to Decree117

if you hate the TF then you haven't run into me and my buddies with our Dual Bands. I outshoot snipers and TF users alike with the DB and always go positive when using either the TF or DB scope. it's a part of the game, it's not OP, it can be countered and it's certainly not nooby.

to say the TF is nooby is like saying laying in the grass in the back of the spawn next to the hay barn on Standoff is nooby. no i don't agree with such a tactic but if that guy gets me good for him i'll change up my pace to hunt him down and shoot him out. i don't agree with the guys that hide in dark corners across the map but Treyarch out those dark corners there on purpose and they gave me a TF to see the guy hiding there.

stop the chickenhead running and use more tact is all i have to say about that.

Level 6

in reply to spanky_smonkey

well said....

Level 3

in reply to spanky_smonkey

to say the TF is nooby is like saying laying in the grass in the back of the spawn next to the hay barn on Standoff is nooby.

100% nooby, though I won't say it's not a "tactic", just as constantly head glitching is a tactic.

Level 14

in reply to Decree117

yet one more thread with more complaints.

Level 18

in reply to Decree117

The only thing about the Target FInder that bugs me is that there is really no downside to using it, in comparison to what it does for you. The loss of peripheral isn't even that big of a deal, since you still have your HUD.

Level 5

Studios