Take out skill-based matchmaking from NORMAL games

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Take out skill-based matchmaking from NORMAL games

Skill-based matchmaking should only be in league play.  I'm sorry but it's very tiresome to play people with a similar skill level.  Yes, it  is competetive gameplay, butif I wanted to play competitively I would play in league matches.  If I just want to get on and have some fun, stress free...games I should have the option to do so.  I've been a 3+KDR player in every call of duty...It's not fun playing against other players that are near that skill level ALL THE TIME.  I'm at a 2kdr in balck ops but my god it's been a pain in the ass to get even close to that.  And with all of the lag problems in this game it's near impossible to keep up (again..going against other simillarly skilled players).  Not to mention, getting matched with similar skilled players means I have a much smaller pool of players to get into games with.  Tthat means the likelyhood of me getting into a game with a decent connection is slim to none(living in the north west...).  Lag comp in this game is absolutely horrendous.  I can't even count how many times I've been shot around a corner..Lag comp on my screen is like playing hardcore...Literarlly 1 bullet is a death yet it takes me 4-5 hit markers to take anyone down.  There is NO gradual damage taken...it's just instant death.

Anyways...removing skill-based matchmaking would lower competitive play in normal games, but it would sure be a hell of a lot more fun getting into a lobby that isn't full of try hard ass holes pulling out dragon ball z lag moves to insantly kill me.  I just want a break from all of the frustration!

Level 4
35 REPLIES

Re: Take out skill-based matchmaking from NORMAL games

in reply to cileth

Think you may well be imagining this, I'm not great but top leaderboards at the end of the majority of games so what your saying definitely cant be the correct.

Level 5

in reply to chrissy_

It's based on score per minute.  So if you have anything over 250ish the players get very annoying to play against.  I've been playing domination lately and my score per minute on there is around 370... so yeah, you can be top in the lobby (i usually am as well...) but if your score per minute is lower you'll be playing against players with lower score per minute.

Level 4

in reply to cileth

Don't find this to be true at all.

Level 47

in reply to cileth

The numbers are only low in league play because you can continue your progression of ranking up unlocking things. A grave mistake on their part. Otherwise it would appear more popular. It is what the community wants.

Level 12

in reply to cileth

If it reduces lag, i'm all up for it.

I also doubt there would be many low levels that people keep bringing up, or hell I would play max ranks if the connection was do-able.

Level 19
Highlighted

in reply to Film_Not_Rated

I would like to know the percentage of above 1 KD players on BO2. I know that the majority have less than 1. If we are less than 10% then maybe it's our distance from each other that's causing the lag.

Level 35

in reply to Run_N_Gunning_C

KD wouldn't have anything to do with it.

Level 19

in reply to cileth

I just want some better connected games. The first week or two were good to go, but after that it went downhill. I assume it was all due to everyone playing Nuketown 24/7 (which was the mode I was playing as well), but now it is hard to kill anyone anymore these days. I could care less who I play against, everyone has their good and bad days, I just don't want to lose due to connection issues.

Level 4

in reply to cileth

Just have a friend with crappy stats be party leader, and that seems to help. I wish I had a friend with crappy stats, but I still get put in lobbies against morons around 1/4th of the time, and I have a decent score per minute, so it doesn't put you up against tryhards all the time. Just get better. I've had to switch up my tactics a little, but i'm doing well, and if you're any good at this game, you can too.

Level 22

Studios