Submachinegun more powerfull than LMguns !

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Submachinegun more powerfull than LMguns !

Hello lads,

I'm expecting an annoying issue in this game.

In hardcore mode (DM for example), i used a Mgun : LSAT + full metal jacket bullets + fore grip.

It took me up to 4 hit markers to kill an enemy with this configuration whereas it took 1 bullet for enemy to kill me with submgun + silencer (and it was not headshot).

I do not get the point to have an heavy gun to carry, long to aim, if it is less effective than a smg with suppressor.

So my question are :

is it due to bad Internet connection issue ?

Or is it a well know case of weapons that are not realistic ?

Or is it due to cheaters ?

Thanks.

Colin.

Level 1
21 REPLIES

Re: Submachinegun more powerfull than LMguns !

in reply to frcolin

More than likely Lag.

Some will say that the SMG's are overpowered compared to the other guns - they are not

Level 29

in reply to gdexter

What?  It lags in hardcore?

Level 31
Highlighted

in reply to gdexter

Colin in Hardcore a LMG is a liability really because apart from the large capacity clips, everything else is a negative for a game wherethe first couple of bullets is usually enough to kill.

LMGs are great, but it's all about who gets shots on target first so EVERY other group has a speed advantage over you.

You getting several hitmarkers in that instance will probably be down to lag. The actual set up of a gun won't affect the power/damage at all in Hardcore.

For the LSAT in HC I would say lose the Foregrip and put on the Quickdraw Handle and if you are trying to run n gun with an LMG in HC, then JUST DON'T. As good as they are at defence or camping, they are as bad for running and gunning.

Level 15

in reply to COD_WIDOW

As a guy who is getting diamond LMGs in hardcore, I would agree with this.  Just need a little work on the HAMR.

Level 17

in reply to Griefbot

Griefbot wrote:

As a guy who is getting diamond LMGs in hardcore, I would agree with this.  Just need a little work on the HAMR.

Brave man trying to Diamond the group in HC mate.

Level 15

in reply to COD_WIDOW

Why? I got all my guns diamond in HC. 4 hitmarkers with an LSAT doesnt happen, QBOB maybe, not an LSAT.

Level 25

in reply to frcolin

Without getting in to accusations of 4 hit-markers on a single person being a bit of an exaggeration (Not possible, particularly with an LMG and FMJ), I'll answer your questions instead.

1. Likely yes. This is very typical of 3-Bar vs 4-Bar in Black Ops 2, it can be so bad sometimes that you'll be literally shooting directly at someone from point-blank range without getting any hits for them to turn around and appear to 1-shot you with their weapon, only for the killcam to show that they had fired off half of their magazine.

2. Balance has always been favoured over realism in the Call of Duty franchise. How many people do you think would use Snipers or LMG's if you had to lay prone or window mount them before using them?

3. Review the theatre footage and you be the judge. The game may play out a little differently from the hosts perspective than as it appeared to you locally on your TV.

Level 3

in reply to mike_

You don't have to lay prone to fire an lmg.

Level 9

in reply to nflfenatic

nflfenatic wrote:

You don't have to lay prone to fire an lmg.

You don't "have to" but you are rewarded for it.

Level 15

Studios