Strange New Trend in Emblems?

SOLVED

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: Strange New Trend in Emblems?

in reply to starbuckfrack

starbuckfrack wrote:

Advertising regardless is against Xbl Policy, doesnt matter what they are using it for. We do not have to ASSUME anything because he still has it there for all to see.

for example if a player has "1600 point modded lobbies" in their profile they STILL can get banned off of XBL regardless if they hosted a modded lobby or not.

Please stick to the facts, and post the links to where the information is available. Also since you posted the link to the Xbox Forums, please make sure You search them, since a simple search in this topic only provided two hits that were relevant to this discussion and both posts were unanswered by Xbox Support.

Also, the topic in question by the OP and what you are using as an example are very different things.What you describe as an example is explicitly prohibited and documented on the Xbox Live Code of Conduct; The topic in discussion here or anything similar is neither documented in the Code of Conduct or Terms of Use for Xbox Live.

Level 5

in reply to trialstardragon

I see no problems with it.

May have started with WickedShrapnel, he has a YouTube Logo with his channel name on it.

I think the ire should be directed to racist or sexually explicit emblems, not things like this.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

Who cares?

Level 2

in reply to Josef91

I don't give these ads a second look...

It's not often thta you actually come accross an emblem worth a second look unfortunately.

Level 15

How would that be illegal?

it is if you advertise it in forums,but not on Emblems, Everything is allowed on Emblems as long as it's not offensive.

For example,that would be like someone reporting me for having my emblem as the Denver Broncos because I'm kind of Advertising the team.

Level 3

haven't noticed 1 yet... i could care less about youtube emblems compared to the sick perverted ones... 33 years old here (not under 18) and i still don't care to see it... just move along. 

i have noticed less creative emblems in BO2 and i think it's just because the game is new and people haven't put as much creative time into them...

Level 11

I've seen loads the past few days but I'm not fused about the emblems it's the 4-5 messages I get from each person begging for subscribers that annoys me plus have you noticed it's always the cheapscopers that advertise theit YouTube accounts in their emblem

Level 25
Highlighted

trialstardragon wrote:

Has anyone else beside me noticed the strange new trend going around where some players actually make the youtube logo and then add their youtube account under it? Since they are not allowed to advertise it here on the forums they are using the emblem creator to do it for them in game. I can say it is rather creative to do so. But I wonder if it is or should be against the rules? Since in a way it is still adverstisment.

Haven't seen this once...

... but it may violate the XBL ToU. You can't solicite via your profile but hard to say.

And I honestly could care less about it unless they are promoting hacks, etc.

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
Level 75

Studios