Split screening - opposite teams????

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Split screening - opposite teams????

G'day guys and girls,

The past couple of days myself and my younger bro have been playing some Dom and Chaos Mosh Split screened. Quite a number of times we end up on different teams. We are not partied up - because we are sitting right next to each other. This has lead to a couple of laughs as my bro exploits the ability to see exactly where I am. Seriously though - this shouldn't be happening,, should it??   Confused I am.

.........................................update

I told my bro I made this post and he mentioned something interesting. The times we ended up on different sides the following occured: in the prematch lobby had a lot of gamers backing out / in quickly just before start.This frantic team selections might be confusing the system and it forgets we shouldn't be on seperate teams.  

________
FalconR6 | Community Forum Moderator

13 REPLIES

Re: Split screening - opposite teams????

in reply to FalconR6

If you are both using your own personal Gamertags then its random as to wether you will be on the same team or not, as the game wont know your together unless your in a party. It will treat you as 2 seperate players.

If your split screening on one gamertag then that definately shouldn't happen! lol!

Level 7

in reply to FalconR6

Wut? Really? I bet everyone in your lobby was expecting you to be boosting

Level 31
Highlighted

in reply to Bielsalmighty

We have are own gamertags. Your right though - perfect loophole to boost if you we're that way inclined. Boosting takes the whole challenge out of the game - so it's not for me. Can't remember this happening in past cods - could be mistaken.

________

in reply to FalconR6

heh, I love busting boosters. No doubt they take pride in having all those calling cards and camos and being top rank. The thought of their faces when they log on to find it all gone makes them SO much more tolerable.

Level 31

in reply to FalconR6

I splitscreen with my wife almost nightly on 2 seperate GT and have never seeb this happen. Glitch maybe?

Level 23

in reply to PerEverto13

Do you party up with your wife? I can only guess its a glitch. Although narcotic.jamie reckons matchmaking can't tell split screeners if they have separate GMT.

________

in reply to FalconR6

No we dont initiate an party. Simply start the game and turn on the second controller and sign in on it. The only time we startapary is if some of my buddys are on and we want to pub stomp a bit.

Level 23

in reply to PerEverto13

Im with you on this one. My brother comes over to my house about three to four times weekly. Years ago it got to the point I just decided to get the gold famly package. I have never been put on opposite teams and we play a bunch.

Level 3

in reply to FalconR6

I'm surprised that it happened often.  I've seen it happen before if the game needs to balance out the teams but generally the splitscreeners will end up on the same team.

Level 69

Studios