Something to consider if you aren't very good at this game:

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: Something to consider if you aren't very good at this game:

in reply to Restore_Hardcore

Oo look another thread made by someone lucky enough not to have had any lag problems assuming everyone who complains about it are making excuses for their ineptitude

There probably are people out there like that but there are plenty suffering whilst trying to play a game that is really fun when it works properly

Lag isn't the only thing that makes it unplayable either, all the quitting that goes on ruins games completely and it happens all the time

Level 4

in reply to MrFluffy949

I see lag in this game too, more so in 3arc games. IW games do run smoother but the point I am making is that everyone suffers from lag, it's what you do about it that makes the difference. The way you are complaining about the quitters and everything else just proves my point. I am sick of excuses! Learn how to overcome, it is possible. Like I said in a previous post, I live in Boise and I join my brother's session in Houston and my cousin's in Dayton, Ohio and I don't use lag as my excuse. Sometimes when you hit a lag spike and jump all over the place for a minute there is nothing you can do, I'll give you that. But how do so many make it to Master Prestige with good stats? We play the same game and I have played in different parts of the country so don't come at me with all these lame excuses. It may be the matchmaking putting you in lobbies with really good people and you aren't as good as you think. I've come accross some REALLY good players who I just couldn't get the upper hand on but I keep playing and keep getting better. If I lose a gun fight I feel I should have won I hunt that guy down and get the revenge kill.

Level 27

I am not bothered about lag spikes since they affect everyone on a similar level, it is being in games where you are consistently clearly seeing the action behind other players that is the problem

I have done a lot to deal with the lag and in some ways yes it has made me a better player

Wtf is wrong with complaining about quitters? Learn how to overcome? You must be trolling

Level 4

in reply to MrFluffy949

Go on, complain all you want, I'll just keep playing and keep getting better. There are a lot of things I would ask the devs to change about this game but I don't work for them so I deal with it. I hated it when I heard they were killing ghost but it actually made me a better player. Ya it sucks when people quit but it doesn't faze me either. Are they quitting cause you are killing them too much with all that lag you are suffering from?

Level 27

It prob doesn't faze you since people don't quit when mediocre players like you call in an rcxd, but they quit all the time when lag battling heroes like myself call in a loadstar

Level 4

I can only assume you may be too slow to see it, or you dont want it fixed because you benefit.  Those are the only reasons I can see for deniers, with the exception of getting paid which I do not believe you do.  It's without a doubt a real phenomenon.  

Can I do well in spite of it?  Yes; but the game is not as much fun.

Level 17

in reply to Griefbot

I really wish I had an answer for you other than the one I provided already.

Level 27

While I do agree with you that the game itself is not near as broken as what most of the people say it is, there are some really bad issues with hit detection. I play HC 100% of the time, and don't see it near as much as people who play core, BUT There have been numerous times where I am 2-3 feet away from a player and shoot them ADS'ing (not hipfiring) right at their chest with my M8A1 to have the first burst not even register or get FOUR hitmarkers for them to shoot me with a SMG hipfired for me to die. This is inexcusable. I understand that no online game will be perfect, but some of the things are just wrong. When I get host in a game I am literally .5 seconds behind EVERY player. Now when I know I get host in a game I will immedietly back out while the countdown timer is going in the lobby and instantly join back in.

Level 34

OP i find it amusing that you a average or just even player in every other COD game is saying how great that this one is because you have a medicore K/D and you base it all on knowledge and paitience.

How wrong you are. Your K/D is most likely based on a few different aspects in this game.

#1 You are on the better end of the connection war for most games.

#2 Most likely you are partying up with friends and dont have to rely on greenies to help with your k/d.

#3 You may just be playing different tactics in this game that you would not try in a other COD game where those same tactics would get you killed if you dared.

I have put days upon days into every COD since COD2. my K/D has always been consistent (1.50-2.20). out of all the games in the COD franchise. Black ops 2 Penalizes the veteran player with a good connection. it also penalizes full teams even more so due to the connection

Level 38

in reply to codchamp1

I play solo 90% of the time, I have 50mbps internet speed and I am host a lot. I never said my kd was the greatest, I just started out sucking really bad and over the years have gotten better. Your excuses are just that, excuses. I'm not here to be an Xbox gangster and tell everyone I'm boss, just sharing my experience from going from bad to decent on these CoD games. I do take pride in finishing almost every match with the least amount of deaths. I only play TDM too btw so I refer to kd quite a bit and I usually finish with 12-20 kills and 4-8 deaths. My kd keeps climbing in this game even though I am at Master Prestige. In life I have come across two types of people: those who figure out how to get things done and those who take the easy route and make excuses. Don't be the latter is my advice to you. This game is solid.

Level 27

Studios