Something seems better in regards to lag.

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: Something seems better in regards to lag.

in reply to zingaa

for you guys who are having less lag post patch are you presuming that the patch addressed lag and 3arc chose to not mention it?  there is zero mention of matchmaking, connectivity, hit detection, lag/ lag comp in the patch notes.  coincidence perhaps?

Level 4

in reply to stinklemange

stinklemange wrote:

for you guys who are having less lag post patch are you presuming that the patch addressed lag and 3arc chose to not mention it?  there is zero mention of matchmaking, connectivity, hit detection, lag/ lag comp in the patch notes.  coincidence perhaps?

I understand that, thats why I asked if there was something I missed. All I have to say is it is better now then it has ever been, ever. I'm at roughly 60ish games since yeterday and have yet to have a laggy game and I've changed nothing. I don't know if the patched had a "hidden" fix, but something definitley changed for me

Level 32

in reply to stinklemange

There's speculation that the parameters for "skill based" matchmaking have been either significantly adjusted or removed altogether. This has the double effect of better connectivity and less stressful matches so it's beleivable but it's still speculation, no confirmation from Treyarc. Regardless the game is still running fine so far compared to my pre-patch experience. Will keep an eye on it though, things could always change.

Level 7

in reply to stinklemange

I know there wasn't anything in the patch notes but all my friends are reporting the same thing I am.  The game is 100% better on connections right now.

Level 17

in reply to zingaa

Mine went from bad to worse as far as lag.  But I haven't seen any 1 or 2 bar people in my lobbies anymore.  I was going to give it another try to see if it was the time I was playing at.

Level 11
Highlighted

in reply to zingaa

Good before patch.

Bad since patch.

Expect they're just tweaking the matchmaking/lag issues. Hopefully.

(fibre, 50 u/l 14 d/l

ping of 23ms)

Level 4

in reply to zingaa

Coming up on a week now and still very smooth,  I'm not sure what changed but something did for the better, at least for me..

I've  had a handful of somewhat bad games but those weren't even close to how it was and they were at least playable.

wired, dynamic, no ports opened, 50\10mb, 75 ping 1600 miles....

California

Level 32

in reply to zingaa

I have to retract my earlier statement.  The game is back to pre-patch, it was only good for the first two days of the patch for me.

Level 17

in reply to ghorman

ghorman wrote:

I have to retract my earlier statement.  The game is back to pre-patch, it was only good for the first two days of the patch for me.

Yeah this XP weekend will be the real test for me, crossing fingers...Sorry to hear it went crappy again for you.

Level 32

in reply to zingaa

The first two days of the patch I was able to go back to wired with no QoS settings.  I'm not back on wifi and streaming videos to get close to a fair game.  I'm still behind and its no where near what it was on Saturday/sunday.  Sad thing is my friends are seeing the same thing.

Level 17

Studios