So this Fariko mob is the new fanboys wet dream I take it...

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: So this Fariko mob is the new fanboys wet dream I take it...

in reply to Demonseedx

Demonseedx wrote:

I watched the event and have watched their games.... they, like most in the top spots, boosted their way to the top of the list. Then proceeded to glitch with Halo jumps right thru the competition... their tactics were actually pathetic... but hey, they won $400k the easy way, by cheating...

A lot of teams were under heavy scrutiny. Are you saying that their use of jumps (bunny hops) is glitching?

Highlighted

in reply to Foxhound-Pro

Bunny hopping is the new feature that is overpowered didn't you know?

Level 31

in reply to Demonseedx

And if so (@fox's question) why are you saying it to me? Lol

Level 23

in reply to PerEverto13

So if a changed my xbox tag name to Robbie Williams of Optic clan you would think I was a professional gamer and a rock star ?

LOL

Just kids changing their name or clan tags to look cool

Level 8

in reply to CR4IG

Fariko is a gaming community, its also tiered anyone can join the community make a fariko team ( fariko yangs), they are just reg players, then there's the fariko yings which are the pro sponspored players theres one in each country/console and they get stuff like hoodies and  travel costs /entry to lans paid for

the dragons are fariko members chosen by fariko to represent them

its actually a very good system and brianiac has done a good job (imo) of creating a community that helps grow new talent.

Also a general comment to everyone about  Fox's story about how became a mod (even back in the old iw forum days he was fair and unbiased i know as he banned me almost as often there as i was here "back in the day" ) .. you'd be surprised how many people who work in the CoD franchise in whatever aspect have actually originally come from the wider cod community. Also alot of regular "community" people get invited to cod events ,although i do have to say more so in the uk/euro than the us atm as we have @atvi_acas the uk cod community manager who is doing a great job or organising events

Level 75

in reply to Maccabi

LOL you posted after me it says by the time stamp but your post is above mine. Now that is really funny.

Level 70

in reply to trialstardragon

trialstardragon wrote:

LOL you posted after me it says by the time stamp but your post is above mine. Now that is really funny.

i added a bit about the community events in the uk so it was an edit timestamp

Level 75

in reply to Maccabi

Ah, that would make sense. For I thought your post was there before me to begin with. Just was strange that suddenly the time stamp showed it as being after mine.

Level 70

in reply to CR4IG

To me CoD is not a sport and never will be. I dont consider e-sports a real sport and never will. So I really have no clue who they are, nor do I really care. Since I do not play competitively nor do I care about those who do and try to claim to be great or pros for doing so.

It is just a game, just a means of entertainment and fun and that is all for me and that is all it ever will be. Never will I consider it a sport of any realistic nature of what a traditional sport is about.

Calling video games sports is just as bad as linning up a group of people and seeing who can make a bed the fastest and calling it a sport and that they should win prizes of money and other things for doing so. Something that I would laugh and and consider stupid should it ever happen.

All esports is for really is for those that could not make it in the real world of professional sports so wanted their own little venue to call themself pro at to make themself feel better about playing a video game.

So I have no idea who anyone in Fariko is and never will really care about it or who anyone claims to be in regards to it or about how they play.

People in this game will make all sorts of cliams in order to make themself look good and feel good about the amount of time they used in playing a video game.

In the end it really does not matter, for when the game is off or out of tray I could care less who was with what group or how they played or what sort of skills they claimed to have. It does not affect me so I have no reason to care who they are or how they play or why or what claims they want to make.

I play stictly for fun and not for competition ever. I do not need to prove I am better than someone else in the world. I grew out of such childish needs a long time ago. I am not concerned about being popular as these e-sportts groups try to be. I dont wish to be famous or awed over or thought as cool or awesom for I do not need any of that to validate my time playing a video game.

I just laugh at anyone that says they are MLG or part of this group or that group. Because after all it is not a life and death issue about what the outcome of a match is or who did what or got what during the match.

I only see stats in this game as means to measure my own gain or loss in improvement and not as a comparison against someone else and how well they did or did not play. I dont really care how well someone else plays the game, for that is their choice to play that way.

Level 70

in reply to trialstardragon

Lots of non-coherent phrases but all speak the truth about how I see it.

Level 70

Studios