So many snipers!!!

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

So many snipers!!!

1/3 of the of  the people playing seem to be snipers, all with a tac insert... seriously ruining the game... well for me personally!

Why are there so many?

Is it just me joining what seems to be sniper lobbies or has everyone become obsessed with the sniper?

Level 4
22 REPLIES
Highlighted

Re: So many snipers!!!

in reply to xMORRlSx

Maybe because they got bored of the auto rifles?

Level 35

in reply to xMORRlSx

I've noticed this too. I personally think its because snipers have great advantages because of the OP secondary weapons.

Think about it. Someone is long range.....bam..dead. Then when they get in close switch to your kap40 dual wield and bam. Same again. Plus your everyday quickscopers as well add to it.

Yeah it is fun to use a sniper. But I think they turned snipers from balanced (personally) in black ops 1. To the got to have weapon of choice in black ops 2

Level 2

in reply to Danshed

i couldnt agree more...well said that man

Level 4

in reply to xMORRlSx

Probably because Quickscoping is so easy, why use a gun that you need to get half a dozen shots on target when you can use a sniper rifle that's a one shot kill 8/10 times with not much aiming required...

Level 7

in reply to Cablez

You have never used the Ballista obviously my friend... Hit markers for days!

Level 29

in reply to xMORRlSx

I assume you mean in ground war where every lobby seems to be a sniper lobby these days... Hardly see anyone sniping in any other modes...

Level 29

in reply to WKMMS

Yeah, should of put that in... I'm only really play ground war.

Level 4

in reply to xMORRlSx

It's can be really tough playing against a room full of snipers because you have to deal with that OHK around almost every corner.  Ground War is an awful place to be sometimes because it'll put 18 players on a small map like studio and 12 of them will be snipers with tac inserts looking to hit clips.  I've found myself playing against a lot of guys from FaZe and Darth and Team Focus in the last few nights. 

These guys know the spawns and where to position themselves and have the reflexes and accuracy to cause you a lot of problems no matter what set up you run or how good you are.  It's hard to get the drop on 6 snipers and even if you do they're like jack-in-the-boxes and you're being shot in the back of the head before you know it. I love sniping but even I get tired of that sort of match really quickly.

I much prefer the 6v6 because of this.  Teams tend to be much more balanced with different weapon classes and playstyles.  Maybe you'd have more enjoyment in Reg Dom/KC/TDM.

Level 29

in reply to WKMMS

If they're not using Dual Band then use smoke grenades and then may be an LMG with Dual Band yourself, or Target Finder if they don't run Cold Blooded.

Level 31

Studios