So how can I actually GET better?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: So how can I actually GET better?

in reply to TacoFlavordKees

Learn to strafe...

COD has left side advantage... you want to learn how to approach and move around the map so that you always approach and move around cover on the right side...and move into cover from the left... 

If you move around cover from the left... you want to arc back and do a semi-circle..

A lot of COD is about spotting enemies, you must learn how to obersve the map and manage the information flow the game gives you.. The minimap the kill feed whats in front of you is very important and what playstyle you use will determine what priority you will give each of those items.

Accuracy is very important... play the game on veteran and you should have above average accuracy.

The Little things you do matter....

Cover is very important... there are a lot of little things on the map that help... but a good strategy is if you come under fire you strafe to cover... you should always be strafing... people have a hard time hitting moving targets.. The strafe it self should be small.. hardly noticable

Doing stupid things will get you killed. though sometimes its fun...

Above all remember that COD is a fast paced game... doing the smart thing sometimes is not the smart thing to do.

Edit:

Also you must get good at running away from enemies... disengaging from an enemy when they have the advantage... and learning how to set up a quick abush for them while running away is important.

Level 34

I play on my own or with my other half we play hardcore because we got fed up of hitmarkers but i do get flanked alot ur find u get flanked coz u aint talking to ur team so they flip the spawns with out u knowing. as for how u play try dif attactments i use perk wise hardline/ghost and engineer/dextaraty or how ever u spell it also try a bouncing bettie behind u when i play objective games i run UAV V-SAT and EMP as its for my team

Level 16

Wow controller sensitivity on 8? You know pro players only use around 4-5... So what makes you think you need higher?

Level 1

in reply to Sil3ntdeath

i use 3 and i do well with it

Level 16

in reply to Sil3ntdeath

Absolutely nothing made me think I needed it that high, was just trying it out that way based on suggestions. Before I play again, I will put it back at 4-5(?) and see if I shoot better.

Level 1

I use 10... Smiley Indifferent

Level 34

I was wondering this myself. I think most new players start at a lower sensitivity...heck I've been playing a while and I still have it at 4 or 5.

Level 9
Highlighted

If you really want to get better then you have to play alot better people than yourself. I'm sure alot of people on here picked up their first CoD got smoked.I for one picked up black ops 1 and by the end barely had a 1kd. However I then played cod 4/mw2 and got a 1.5 kd in those games. In MW3 i bumped my kd up to a 2.2 and now in black ops 2 it is a 2.6.  The more you play and learn spawn knowledge and predict others playstyles the better you get.

Level 8

I used to be a semi-good player and what helped me improve was going for gold guns.

It forces you to try new guns which makes you beter.

Level 8

The COD community has shocked me! Everyone has provided great and intelligent feedback.

I have been playing the COD's since COD4. Without repeating everything everyone else already posted, I will add my tid-bits.

Start with a good all around gun that meets your play style. If you are competitive and want to get the objectives, I would use either a high ROF AR, or SMG. If you like to sit back and hold an objective try a strong AR or LMG. Sniping in this game from what I hear is a little easier than past.

As everyone else has said, Learn the Map.

One thing I watch is the "green guys" (your team). Watch where they are going and what way they are looking. Personally, I watch where they run to at the start and go the opposite way. All the COD maps are based on the 3 access point rule; generally. Every map there are 3 main ways to get across the map. I like to take the road less traveled.

Stick to cover, but not too long. As others have said COD is a fast pace game compared to BF. If you are hanging back too far, chances are the other team will spawn behind you sooner or later.

Hope it helps. Stick with it.

Good hunting!

Level 1

Studios