So how can I actually GET better?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: So how can I actually GET better?

in reply to TacoFlavordKees

i feel like havn a taco now how long you been playn if you been playn for long nothing can help you if not you a noob that all.

Level 4

in reply to clashgears

I love tacos, not many things in this world can have all four food groups in a delicious crunchy shell.

Level 1

Use Toughness, Lightweight, Scavenger, Quickdraw, Fast Mags, and the MSMC. Learn to dance around in a head to head combat. Train yourself to aim at center mass and read the map. Wherever your team mates are, the enemies should be on the other side.

Level 35

A few basic tips I can think of off the top of my head -

If lag isn't present then face-to-face gunfights are about who fires first and stays on target, consider Quickdraw and/or Dexterity, work on when to hipfire and when to aim down sight and learn to strafe or crouch (or both) to make you harder to hit.

To reduce getting flanked you need to think about the natural flow of each map, study the aerial view or heat maps and kept an eye on where your team are and you'll eventually get a sort of sixth sense about where people are coming from. I think team position is the most important tbh.

Losing gunfights in cover might be helped by doing something about accuracy, play around with your sensitivity until you feel solid when aiming. Also consider a burst weapon which is far better for picking off head glitchers, throw a reflex sight on it and you'll win more of these straight away.

For hitting moving targets you might want to use Stock so you can strafe easily while aiming down sights and laser sight to hipfire more accurately more when the player is in your face. In my opinion Stock is needed on all assault rifles for this reason.

Nothing wrong with spraying and praying, get ext. mags and let it rain

Level 18

just play it as a game and enjoy it, win or lose

Level 29

in reply to gdexter

I do enjoy it, but I am  kind of a competitive person who wants to get better at everything, even if I can never be the best.

Level 1

Not sure if you're new to online FPS or just new to CoD, but in those mid-to-short range head to head battles, try strafe-aiming (left stick) rather than look-aiming (right stick) for your horizontal aim adjustments.  This is something I've always done in PvP FPS, but for some reason have gotten away from now that I'm playing CoD.  Dunno why.  It does two things:

1) Somehow it lessens the impact of my habit of overcorrecting my aim.   I guess you strafe a little slower than you turn?

2) It moves your avatar so that you're not a stationary target for your enemy.

edit: oh and maybe try turning down your sensitivity if you're having aim issues.  8 seems really high for someone who's struggling a bit -- I run at either 4 or  now, which I admit is pretty low, but works for me.  Just be careful running around corners because if you get in a situation where you need to turn back around to shoot your enemy, you're probably gonna lose.

Level 8

in reply to CurliestRogue0

Most, if not all of my prior COD experience has been zombies. I did love competitive play in GOW3, so I gave BLOPS2 a go. Definitely gonna try lower sensitivity the next time I play. Yeah most times I ads, turn around and....KILLCAM!

Level 1

Join a clan or get a team to play with https://elite.callofduty.com/connect/clan/view/2056118 EQP im not trying to clan on ya but it seems loke u actually do need to play with other ppl that communicate so if you have a mic and want a good team send in an application

Level 1

Thanks alot yous guys!

These are great ideas for things to try out, and combat training, I had never given much thought to. Being able to shoot more accuratley is definitely a priority.

It seems to me like there's alot of institutional knowledge you need draw from in COD. Especially when it comes to concepts like choke points, anticipation, knowing when to turn around, etc. The best way to fill that gap is experience.

Level 1

Studios