So about this Dashboarding Problem?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

So about this Dashboarding Problem?

Dear Treyarch  Community,    

As a player who rarely experiences losses due to the other team actually recieving a Victory, I have over fifty losses that come directly from oe problem ; dashboarding. I am not saying that I dashboard personally and am concerned that you get a loss from it, what I do not comprehed is why when the host dashboards, the entire game disconnects instead of migrating to a capable host. No previous COD (that I have personally played, BO1 & MW3) has had this problem, and my question is why introduce it now? One last thing, it also stops your current Win / Loss Ratio. So my real question, is why Treyarch?

Level 1
15 REPLIES
Highlighted

Re: So about this Dashboarding Problem?

in reply to BeastTheory1

In EVERY COD when the host dashboards the game would end.

Level 43

in reply to BeastTheory1

Most of the time the host migrates OK for me, on occasion I will get disconnected. But the issue is with quitters, always will be.

Trust me when I say its much better now than when it happened in the old games. COD4, MW2, or WaW? If the host left the game would just end. But then, back then stats weren't as big a deal and you saw it less.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to BeastTheory1

CoD4 and Waw if the host left the game ended. MW2 to now there's been Host Migration but dashboarding will always be possible. People aren't always dashboarding, most of the time they are, but people do lose their connection or power. It will never be fixed on this console and probably not on the next one. Players will resort to unplugging their xbox midgame if they have to.

If the host leaves the game then that activates host migration and it looks for a new host. If the game just disconnects then that means the host dashboarded. I'm not sure you recognize the difference. If there's host migration and then you get kicked to the lobby with a message "no good host found" then that was the case. It's not 100% the game's fault. People have crappy internet. There's a lot of factors involved.

Level 12

in reply to BeastTheory1

They need a scoring system for hosting.

Score out of 5 for how good a connection is. 5/5 is the best connection for hosting.

Score out of 5 for how good a player is at hosting. 5/5 means they NEVER dashboard, connection is stable.

Total score / 10

Requires a lot of work / time / money maybe. But is this unreasonable expectation for the biggest franchise in the video game world??

Level 8

in reply to Arti4

I totaly agree with what your saying, it's something like that which i had of liked in a COD where it see's how people have hosted in the past and if they quit/leave/disconnect however you wanna put it, then it is less likely to put you as host, but for players who keep 90% of the lobby on a good connection, never quit/dc/dashboard then it is likely to put them as host.

Level 12

in reply to Arti4

You would run out of candidates pretty fast.

Dedicated servers would fix this, but they don't care.

Level 20

in reply to BeastTheory1

It's occured in all COD titles. It's just how "listen servers" operates.

The host is acting as the server and if say the host decides to unplug their ethernet cord, unplug the XBOX or goes to the XBOX dashboard without leaving the match & not allowing for the host to migrate, the match instantly disconnects.

I don't know the specific reason why everyone else in the lobby receives a loss though.

Level 51

in reply to BeastTheory1

if its not dashboarding its the round circle on the front of the xbox. one push and done.

Level 45

in reply to BeastTheory1

Call me slow, but whats the difference between dashboarding and rage quitting? Is my understanding correct that db's don't get a loss if they db? still retain game stats?

Migrating hosts is the result of either a dashboarder and\or rage quitter that was hosting?

I've only been on xbox a while moving from ps3, so the term dashboarding I never 100% understood.

Level 32

Studios