Snipers, SMG's, Silencers

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: Snipers, SMG's, Silencers

in reply to SmokeyCheese1

will agree the only weapon I know that uses subsonic ammunition is the AS-Val all other firearms use their normal ammunition.

Level 18

in reply to optic_angels

Something more is that I did hear from a few different youtubers already that they are planning on doing some tweeks to SMG's already and as to how much is unknown.

As to SMG's in general it almost feels like any new player who is new to COD could almost just go to any SMG and be like, "So all I need to do is look in the other persons general direction and fire right?" Most cases thats how it feels... all you need to is spray and pray in the general direction of someone and there you go. Instant noob solution, then add a silencer and you got yourself a semi-pro noob.

Level 1

in reply to optic_angels

Put  three of those guys running in tight formation down a corridor, and ill get them down with 3-4 well placed burst of my SWAT assault rifle, Triple kills medals for me.

Then i choose the SMG i prefer, one with a laser-sight, fast mag or extended mag , that I pick it up from their dead hand as secondary and I used it while passing thru short ranged places to get to another location before they swarm back in.

Nice.

Level 5

in reply to RemiG1985Quebec

You forgot about the part where your bullets magically miss and they close in on you so fast that after wasting a second burst firing directly on target, all three of them open hip-fire on you and kills you in 0.0001 seconds.

Level 28
Highlighted

in reply to optic_angels

You make it seem easier than it really is.  While hipfiring with a SMG is fairly accurate, remember that it takes more bullets to kill than the AR.  If you slow down your playstyle, and ADS before rounding corners, you'll have the SMG user half dead before they can line up the laser. 

The AN-94 is one of the best (if not THE best) guns in the game.

Level 13

in reply to optic_angels

a couple comments:

-SMG's have a higher ROF than AR's. Of course they do more dmg per sec and will generally win out in CQC

-the silencer thing is nothing new. people use them because EVERYONE in call of duty chases orange dots. they already CRIPPLED Ghost and people still whine about stealth loadouts because it hinders your ability to dot chase. use your eyes, ears and COMMON SENSE. you know which direction the enemy is coming from.

Level 12

in reply to mjw3786

That last part is arguable, but the post in general I agree with.

Level 18

in reply to QwertyBoredom

the directional thing? yeah it can be flawed if you're playing with randoms that don't communicate. and the bo2 maps do have a lot of flanking routes.

Level 12

in reply to optic_angels

I feel like I dont play the same game as you guys. I have diamond smgs so I try and use assault rifles as much as possible to get them diamond. I can be head camping across the map and get hip fire sprayed down through the cover by 10-15 bullets. And they didn't even headshot me. It's like assault rifles are worthless, unless I'm on the good side of lag.

Level 6

in reply to optic_angels

@mjw3786

Yes in most cases people are fixated on the fact that they look more for the dots then using their basic ability to look and listen but the fact is that doesn't always work. Things like dead silence hinder hearing and obviously the more corners and things to climb over make it easier for people to surprise one another.

@slap1i

Yes but who has the upper hand when you have a rusher coming around the corner with a high fire rate weapon. At that close of range they are doing 3 times the damage you are in a faster rate of time.

@RemiG1985Quebec

Yes but how did you get in that situation? You sitting in wait or happen to just turn the corner into that hall and get the same reaction they did? Besides this is more of an issue with the weapons rather then the person. Any pro league player can turn the weakest weapon into a master of killing if they know how to be aware of a situation and use their quick speed and precision aiming to use.

Level 1

Studios