SmGs are Not Overpowered.

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

SmGs are Not Overpowered.

The only reason you guys think they're over powered is because you don't use assault rifles the role they are supposed to be used for.

Situation: As soon as you see a red dot you run straight to that location trying to kill a guy with an SMG when you have an AR.

Effect: You get outgunned because of your stupidity to go into CQB range then cry SMGs are over powered.

Solutions: Look at the kill feed and stop playing on impulse and react accordingly and/or use an AR at its respected range which is medium to long distance.

I out gun people who use shotguns and SMGs 9/10 times if not always when I use an AR because I know how to use it.

Take cover and return fire. It's so simple.

Level 4
16 REPLIES

Re: SmGs are Not Overpowered.

in reply to whystopnow

It's funny how nobody responds, hmmm, I wonder why...

Level 4
Highlighted

in reply to whystopnow

smg's might not be overpowered by them selves but stick a laser sight on them and the are

Level 25

in reply to whystopnow

SMGs aren't overpowered. Laser sight is.

It's funny how you say not to rush about and deal accordingly. It's said SMG users rushing YOU that is the problem in this game.

Level 3

in reply to whystopnow

every gun has a place and time. SMGs and shot guns are for small CQB maps. AR's are for medium to long range. Snipers are for large open maps (turbine). I agree with the OP. The fact UAV's are so easy to get in this game and hiding from them isnt unlocked until lvl 55 makes people do dumb things exactly like you said. They see a red dot and go running for it.

suggestions to those who cry about SMG's: throw flash bangs and aim for their head. no matter what weapon your using or going up against, nothing beats a good flash bang and a couple rounds to the head.

Level 9

in reply to redline70689

aim for the head good advice pity you get sprayed down before you even get the chance to ads

Level 25

in reply to whystopnow

Well said.

Some games I switch classes from SMG to AR when I get a feel that the other team is going to present better med-long shots than CQ. Hell of a concept I guess...

Level 3

in reply to whystopnow

Most smgs have enough range to beat ars at mid range so your cqb argument is bs they have high rof and better range than their stats indicate. Assault rifles are obsolete due to map design and smgs range. In Blops the 74u was the only smg I could use at any distance in this game all of them seem to be effective. Not to mention they come up faster even without dexterity. I really don't think they should be nerfed(except laser attachment) but assault rifles need a buff to balance it out. Oh and fix the damn lag comp!!!!

Level 3

in reply to ct1486

I always outgun SMGs at mid range when I have an AR.

You're probably doing it wrong, buddy.

Level 4

in reply to whystopnow

amen to this topic!

Level 2

Studios