Slave to the ARs

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: Slave to the ARs

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

I find myself in an opposite situation to you. I have always been an AR guy but on this COD, I'm mostly a run and gunning SMG player. I play nothing but Core TDM and ARs just don't cut it for me. I have to be mobile, fast, and agile. I tried running around with an AR but I run solo and a lot of times, I need to lift my team to victory. ARs just don't produce the same results.

I am a newbie sniper and I never sniped before. I tried on this COD and it's a good challenge for me. I can say I'm now a decent DSR sniper with over 1,500 kills and a 1.5 KD using it. Give it a try and it may give you some surprising results. I think the pace of HC TDM suits it well.

In my opinion, ARs are best in HC but if you venture into Core, you'll find the SMGs to perform better. It's all because of the game mode you're playing.

Level 35
Highlighted

in reply to Run_N_Gunning_C

Definitely.

I think that is what really steered me towards HC in MW2. I found myself having to use the UMP or SCAR every match in core, HC allowed me to spread my wings a bit more.

I like that every weapon has a chance in HC.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

Off topic: How about you livestream one of your games one day? I think a livestream of some prominent forum members will be cool. 

Level 35

i love the AK and since that is not in this title i use the m27 or AN

Level 4

in reply to Jollyjugs77

I love the AK as well but I never tried its version (AN94) on this COD. I used to play a slower pace and build up my killstreaks but on this game, the high scorestreaks are difficult to get in a consistent basis playing Core TDM. I have to be super aggressive on this game to dominate. I just can't sit back a bit, build up my killstereaks and end up on top of the board like I used to.

Level 35

You should give it a try.

Level 1

Sounds like the peacekeeper would be right up your alley. I've always been more of an AR guy too. Sure I would stray from time to time, fell in love with the MP5 in the first BO, I think everyone loved the UMP and MP40 unless they were used against you. I would use a sprinkle of LMGs and snipers from time to time maybe even a dash of shotties. I always returned to ARs though.

I think the only way using a certain class can limit you as a player is the fact it can limit your options in game. Sometimes you have to change your style of play, maybe a teammate is having an off night or the other team is playing a certain way.

Level 15

in reply to jasonroloff

I think that this game has really forced me to develop a ton of different strategies, map by map. My friends will tell you I am all about the team, will do whatever we need for the team to succeed (I am always taking out air support, EMPing enemy equipment, watching an area that needs to be watched, and communicating). I also know when something isn't working and when to switch it up. Started a match the other day 1-8, just couldn't get anything started off the top and was spawn killed a few times. Changed my class, changed my play style and ended the match positive.

The Peacekeeper still hasn't completely sold me. I am using it quite a bit, to mixed results. But it definitely suits me better than the other SMGs.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

Yep AR slave here, just can't help myself ever since MW1. Have branched out now to SMG's and Shotty's but always back to the good old AR's.

Level 4

after going for the 2nd max prestige and gold in smg, lmg, and shotties i would recommend doing those challenges. it will take you far away from your confort zone. in the process you will find some serious strenghts and fun in all these weapons. going for 2nd max prestige ensures you learn the weapon in and out. I won't lie sometimes it's a hard grind to learn how to make some weapons work for you, i.e. an lmg on highjacked, but once you get it down you'll have a blast playing with classes you looked down on before. got 6 gold ARs now and i'm on the SMR now. by far my favorite AR so far with the stopping power this thing has.

Level 6

Studios