Skill Based Matchmaking

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Highlighted

Re: Skill Based Matchmaking

in reply to flobot841

flobot84 wrote:

Thats interesting, choosing another COD for fun - this is my point completely, there is no playlist for fun in this game. That is what public is all about. The introduction of league play is great, but it is currently pointless, I agree.

Well the game on BO2 does seem to overly favour competition and uber reaction times.  Domination is two halves and timed now.  So I can see where people say that MLG has had too much of an influence but some of the gamers who moaned about apsects of previous CODs have got their way anyway (Ghost nerf etc).

Have you tried playing at different times though?  I tend to find that playing on a Saturday is a chore.  I don't mind playing against people of supposed equal skill but I can do without behind half a second behind everyone when using an LMG.

If I see fewer YT videos of pub stomping from this game than other titles then that's a good thing.  I know you're not one of those people but it's always amusing to see some people complain about not having easy games because the tables have turned.  Atm the constant overuse and possibly overpowered SMGs do my head in.

Level 31

in reply to SitRepPro

I try when I can, but work full-time and have wife and kids so it is pretty much just evenings.

Personally, I can't seem to get more than 2-3 games a night where the connection isn't off. This is the first COD that I have been on the bad side of the lag (I suffered for a little while in blops 1, but I felt that the people I was shooting were also suffering so it evened itself out)

I agree with the lag though, maybe if they fix that I will feel better about it generally. Right now, all things combined are just lowering my interest.

Level 3

in reply to flobot841

flobot84 wrote:

I try when I can, but work full-time and have wife and kids so it is pretty much just evenings.

Personally, I can't seem to get more than 2-3 games a night where the connection isn't off. This is the first COD that I have been on the bad side of the lag (I suffered for a little while in blops 1, but I felt that the people I was shooting were also suffering so it evened itself out)

I agree with the lag though, maybe if they fix that I will feel better about it generally. Right now, all things combined are just lowering my interest.

Ah I finish work at 9am so I play during the day.  During the weekends, especially a Saturday, everyone seems to have super duper aim.  I feel I have to take speed to compete at times.  MW3 was pretty iffy in the first few weeks I had it and it kinda got better over time.  I'd come out of the concrete pipes in Hardhat only to be shot by someone not on my screen and the killcam shows I've turned the corner when I haven't got there yet.

I don't know the exact parameters of how the matchmaking works but it will probably be changed soon.  I only mentioned WaW being more fun purely because it's no so fast paced.  Dome in MW3 is actually one of my best maps but sometimes it's nice to have a break from the most intense maps and try new stuff out etc.

The matchmaking has kinda put me with more people outside of my country and the laggiest lobbies have come from this matchmaking change.  I try and not lobby surf but I would rather be in a lobby of gamers where everyone is based in the same country as me, and not have every person from different countries because that won't help the lag.

Level 31

in reply to flobot841

this whole skill based matchmaking thing is amusing to me.

A, it isnt soley based on skill, its a factor the game takes into account but not the be and end all.

B, when it does put you in a try hard lobby's, it great. we played some clan on raid, was a close game until they cottoned onto our gameplan and then thrashed us, was still great game, learned somthing from it.

can understand some peoples concerns, but again, its only 1 factor in many that determines who you get put with. The thing i find most amusing is the youtubers, gonna have to work much harder now for those gameplay, cry me a river commentators

Level 7

in reply to VulcanArms

Point A, agreed - but it is clearly having an influence.

Point B, hmmm. Like I said before, it is good to play these games, but I don't like it all the time.

I think its clear that its just my preference on the type of game I want to play. Perhaps COD just isn't going to be for me anymore. Its not really my idea of fun to play against halo jumping, drop shotting, quick scoping players in every lobby. That just builds up my frustration and I don't get the level of enjoment out of it that I used to. (before others misread this comment, I'm not saying I can't handle players like this, I just don't want to ALL NIGHT LONG)

Level 3

in reply to flobot841

yea fair enough man, im on the other end of were your coming from, the fun for me comes from the competition, winning against good players. to each his own. im not gonna lie and say i havnt enjoyed nukin people in mw2 or getting the blackbird/choppergunner/dogs in blops 1, is fun, but it is what it is.

Level 7

in reply to flobot841

A good vid from a really good cod player:

Says it much better than I can. This is exactly what I think, and what I was trying to say.

Level 3

Studios