Should there be a system to punish those who don't play the objective?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Highlighted

Re: Should there be a system to punish those who don't play the objective?

in reply to SuspectOnFoot

Well you know you have to defend as well as attack.

Level 9

in reply to RoeParcRanger

Sure, but matches aren't won without offense. I said to only reward defensive kills, so what would be wrong with that?

Level 6

It would promote heavy camping moreso than it does now.

I'm not really a fan of S&D (weird since I used to play CS a ton), but the few games I've played in Moshpit made me say WTF as well. For a gametype with very few kills available it's pretty ridiculous (though it's already pretty butchered compared to MW3 S&D anyway).

Level 4

That's why its called team play, some defend "camp" as the ignorant want to call it. And some go on the attack. I wish I came across a defensive team I'm often the only one on D and the rest suck on offense, and when someone else has defended I've managed to sneak my way in kill the defenders and exit with the flag.

Level 9

I just mean that a lot of people play specifically for the streaks so if you're pretty much only getting points for defensive kills then it won't just be a couple people defending, it'll be nearly everyone. Why mess up your streak/KDR to go out and cap another flag when you can just sit in 1 spot and wait...the whole game. People already do that and there are rewards for being offensive, I'd hate to play where defense is the only thing rewarded.

Then again maybe I just have the worst luck imaginable with teams so I picture things differently.

Level 4

Heard that yo... I've capped many a flag as a sniper which started out defending and just worked my way up to the enemy flag just by happenstance

BuX
Level 6

in reply to JetEye

Regardless of what devs do to encourage more objective play and less emphasis on K/D ratio, players will continuously play for their K/D, not to win.

It's already started in BO2. I look at the K/D vs. W/L comparison and it looks like players K/D are high but their W/L is under 0.5 from all the rage quitting and dashboarding.

Connection issues are a factor however I've been in matches where I've gone 13-30 or 5-20 however I stick around and try to win the match even if my K/D takes a hit.

Should they be severely punished from not playing the objective? I wish but no system will change how the community plays the game.

Level 51

in reply to JetEye

I think that the idea of punishing players for playing a game (whatever their style of play) is fundamentally wrong. Everyone has paid their hard earned cash for the game and can do as they please. That said, the efforts Treyarch have made to 'encourage' objective play are a really good idea. They are saying ' you can avoid the objective if you want to, but we won't reward you for it'.

In addition, I feel that the objectives are currently being played by more players than ever before - many games are highly competitive and there doesn't seem to be the same level of camping for kills or trying to achieve scorestreak rewards.

Level 3

in reply to JetEye

This is already incorporated in the game! Report for boosting! Playing objective game modes but not playing the objective,just padding K/D is boosting. Hiding and getting kills they didn't earn=getting XP they didn't earn=boosting!

Level 1

in reply to JetEye

Well the new scorestreak system is biased towards playing the objective so hopefully that gets more people running hard for objectives.

PTFO or GTFO

Level 5

Studios