Should there be a system to punish those who don't play the objective?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Should there be a system to punish those who don't play the objective?

I'm tired to death of people ignoring the objective just so they can easily kill people who are focused on the objective.  They purposely go into a playlist like domination instead of team deathmatch because of how easy it is to get kills.  They simply do it to pad their k/d.  I'm tired of winning by a landslide against those who are content losing but getting a high k/d ratio.  It makes the game utterly boring and infuriating at the same time.  What's even more infuriating is when after they have lost the game they brag about having wrecked our team.  Did he realize that he LOST?

I crave real competition.  I want to see the k/d crackheads who intentionally lose every game go away.  If only there were some way to punish those who don't play the objective, like there is a punishment for those who quit games.

Level 15
27 REPLIES

Re: Should there be a system to punish those who don't play the objective?

in reply to JetEye

well i dont know about punishing, but the rewards provided for playing as a teamplayer are there, which i truly enjoy, im a fan of the riot sheild always have been, and the fact NOW is even (as in one game) i can be 2K/23D and still get 2800 points, 4th highest in match, and WIN. the fact that even an atrocious k/d doesnt negate or take away the feeling that i DID CONTRIBUTE and not have to tell my team "I REALLY did protect you guys, honest'' i guess the idea of positive reinforcment doesnt work on everyone

Level 1

in reply to JetEye

I really don't think there will ever be anything that CAN do this sadly. I play Domination almost all day (mostly solo, occasionally with 1 other objective-minded friend) and it's extremely frustrating to have double digit caps/defends and still lose by 5 points because people prefer to headglitch some box and hardscope a doorway or some other useless thing.

If you haven't yet I recommend checking out League Play. I finally got so pissed at a couple public games earlier I logged for a bit and came back a couple hours later to try it out. It might be my connection (or maybe just a lack of players atm), but it does take longer to find a game (solo at least). Getting into my 5 placement matches and finishing them took ~1.5 hours or so, but now that I'm done with those the wait is usually <5 minutes (I really think it's just my internet). The only downside is it's Moshpit and there are several types included I dislike quite a bit.

So far I've been pleasantly surprised by the games. KC/TDM are usually really close (won my 5th placement by 1 tag at the buzzer, won another by a tag I dove for with <1 second hehe). Dom seems to swing pretty wide, but people are focusing on the objective much more than publics (at least the games in Gold/Platinum people are).

Level 4

in reply to Henline

This is why your all bad players. You think you have to cap the objective all the time. Well you dont you need a balance of attackers and cappers. Attackers get in, kill the enemies then camp the objective untill the cappers get there. Now stop moaning and get a grip.Before you say im shit im the leader of We Fear No One the clan thats ranked 1st for k/d 1st win/loss and 2nd score per minute.

Level 1
Highlighted

in reply to xrebelassassinx

Except they don't they camp out of the way of the objectives which doesn't help.

Level 9

in reply to RoeParcRanger

My team push the objective and secure it. Its simple but effective. Also campers hiding at the back of the map do help out the team bringing in scorestreaks and frustrating the eneny team. An angry player is a bad player no matter who you are. your aim goes crap you sprint into stupid spots ect.

Level 1

in reply to xrebelassassinx

I'm fully aware that there is room in objective modes for a slayer or two to cover and make room for the cappers and such, my complaint isn't affected by that though because my teammates are never slayers and slayers are far more useful pushing the enemy back into their spawn - not headglitching a doorway that leads to our spawn flag with little to no traffic. 31-12, 11 caps, 10 defends and only the friend who I was partied with was also positive (neither of us are amazing slayers by any means). The entire rest of my team was negative a huge margin (I think 1 guy was 6-29) with 1-2 caps/defends a piece. Those are the types of games I have every time I play unfortunately because the matchmaking system obviously despises me.

Good job jumping the gun and thinking everyone else is an idiot though. I don't care who you are or what you've done, if you aren't running a party it's extremely hard to carry most of the randoms in Domination. I cope, but it'd be nice if some day people who joined objective gametypes focused on them instead of trying to keep a high KDR and call in randomstreak152356 - that's all we're saying.

Level 4

in reply to JetEye

I think that there should be more done about punishing quitters, skip to about 10 minute mark and you'll see my team down to 4 while the opposition still at 6.

I think it should be a half hour ban from all games including public play. I know lag comp is frustrating to the majority but if you leave league you give the enemy a huge advantage.

Level 9

in reply to JetEye

I have an idea...ONLY reward defensive kills and reward playing the objective with more XP.

Currently capturing a flag is only 200 fugking XP...while camping for 4 kills will get you the same 200...

Level 6

in reply to SuspectOnFoot

Also S&D 100 points per kill WTF?

Level 1

Studios