Should Hardcore TDM lose respawn timer asks David Vondahaar?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Should Hardcore TDM lose respawn timer asks David Vondahaar?

Just over 90 mins ago David Vondahaar of 3arc tweeted the question "would HC TDM play better without the respawn timer"? To give your opinion follow this link to his original tweet: https://twitter.com/davidvonderhaar/status/276725442445197312

Personally I hate respawn delay, I just can't help feeling it slows down the action as players become over cautious  and avoid taking risks and playing the objective. What do you think? Maybe if enough of us respond to his tweet something may happen, you never know.

Level 6
33 REPLIES

Re: Should Hardcore TDM lose respawn timer asks David Vondahaar?

in reply to minionsquisher

TDM i dont think the delay is too bad. And for me alot of times has saved me from getting hit with lightning strikes and what not...but the objective based games (apart from SnD) should not have the timer as far as i am concerned.

Level 23

in reply to PerEverto13

For me when I die in Hc Tdm I have to wait 14 second's and I don't like to wait that long. So yes it need's to be shorter.

Level 3

I always thought playing HC was to be more cautious, a slower paced more tactical game !

Level 3

in reply to ots4kingace1

Im ok with delay i like the slower pace in HC.  Maybe it should be a standard 3-5 seconds.  Sometimes i get in a wierd 13 seconds spawn time.  I think its due to a global spawn timer.  Maybe thats the issue instead.  Either not a big deal to me.

Level 5

in reply to Kargion

@ots- it's more of a "Wave timer". That's why you see the 13 seconds sometimes. Other times you spawn immediately. Sometimes it's anywhere in between. It's so that when you spawn, odds are you're spawning with any of your other KIA team-mates. It does work, but I would agree with a 5sec respawn time. Perhaps keep the "Wave Timer" aspect too. This would only slightly increase the pace of HC:TDM given that, most of the HC players are more cautious/tactical.

Level 14

in reply to ots4kingace1

HC is fast paced cuz ppl can spray you easier.

BuX
Level 6

Onlyin Bops2 ! and there is no need to spray in HC !

Level 3
Highlighted

in reply to ots4kingace1

Harcore has changed, Hardcore HQ in MW2 was super fast and I'd rush around all the time. Even in Hardcore search people used to rush. It's not always slow. Black ops 1 started all this Call of duty camping. Camping started being horrible because of Black ops 1's ghost and the killstreaks being harder to get so everyone hid like B1tches.

Level 13

I would like to see a shortened timer or no timer. If not please change it to zero time when one of my team members kill me. That is what really makes me mad. I understand that it happens and I don't get too upset when I am almost to my next points streak and a team mate kills me. But having to wait 10-15 seconds after one of my random team mate campers shoot me in the back cause they saw movement sucks.

Level 2

Studios