Semi's, shotties and burst fire weapons pretty useless

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Semi's, shotties and burst fire weapons pretty use...

I'll get straight to the point.  I have been playing multi player for almost a week. I like to use semi, burst of shot gun weapons.  However I've found these weapons to be pretty useless.  The weapons below need a buff

• SWAT-556 - 3 bursts to kill, thats 9 bullets!  Seems as if the first burst does not do anything at all
  • Fal - 4-5 bullets to kill, its a semil, so should be killing in two
  • SMR - same problems as the FAL
  • M8A1 - 3 bursts to kill (that 12 bullets)

Shot guns, been only using the 1s two, but its pretty much inconstient, seems like at extreme close range, the shotties take two clean centre mass hits to kill.  Slightly further out they kill in 1 shot andI've noticed that sometims the hit does not even register.

I also have a video of a glitch in the single player, an endless loop encountered on the afghanistan mission where you have to stop the helicopters from attacking the base,  Basically if you die in a certain point, u will respwan instantly into death over and over and over again.

jessedart
7 REPLIES

Re: Semi's, shotties and burst fire weapons pretty...

in reply to jessedart

This is actually one thread I don't agree on, strange. While I think the burst guns in this one aren't nearly as good as they were in Blops 1, or as good as the Type 95 from MW3,  I still think they're fine. I'm constantly being killed by the SWAT and Fal. I even went ahead and used the SWAT myself on Carrier and topped that game. As far as shotguns go I'm not sure if maybe you're having some kind of lag (I know it's a huge problem, and is making me rage quite a bit myself) but I find that the only way I can win a 1 on 1 battle with all this lag compensation is with that first shotgun you get. I run around with it on Hijacked everytime and destroy whole groups with it.

Thisisretarded1

in reply to jessedart

870 is awesome, I use it with laser sight and long barrel and I find it to be consistent? I think the SWAT and FAL are pretty good!?

kaospil0t

in reply to kaospil0t

i was using the semi's on nuke town, taking out enemies as they run down the side of house towards bravo in dom.  4-5 hits to kill, semi's need to be strong cos of the low rate of fire.

jessedart

in reply to jessedart

Lol the swat kills in one burst. Same for the m8a1. Shotguns are fine as well, all you need is long barrel and just aim down sights.

XxRusherxX

in reply to jessedart

Played some matches with the swat. Got allot of 1 burst kills. A moving target maybe more but then some of the bullits of a burst mis. Think you've to work on your aim

Roll the dice. Life is a gamble
GRaSS is OP. SaND get's everywhere
dtuchpunk Level 71

in reply to jessedart

The CQB is a burst weapon... the best SMG in the game. Only the AN94 is a better all round weapon. And you need to burst fire that.

subiegreg
Highlighted

in reply to jessedart

I'm doing alright with the XM8 thank you.

RoeParcRanger

Studios