Season pass people should get @ least 1 free camo pack

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: Season pass people should get @ least 1 free camo pack

in reply to DeadlySeker

I understand what I'm getting with the season pass and I said so in my post.   I also spent $12 on the new camo DLC and extra CAC slots DLC too. 

I'm trying to argue this from strictly a customer relations point of view.  Customer relationships are irrational and fuzzy.  

Level 3

No, they're not. Customers just can't seem to read.

When the micro-DLC was completely separate from what was promised to the SP holders, there is no fuzziness. It was never even hinted at. Yet, everyone flocked here thinking Treyarch owed them the world.

It's customer ignorance more than anything else.

You couldn't walk into a Sears with a BOGO coupon for shoes and ask for a flat screen instead.

If people don't understand conditional savings, they should stop spending their money.

Level 7

in reply to DeadlySeker

When Season Pass was implemented, a la Elite, there was no thought of "extra" DLC(micro transactions). This is where the fuzziness comes in. Boils down to expectations. Please don't insult people by saying they can't read. Hindsight is wonderful - we all know now to read, rather to expect; this is in accordance to what Cod gamers were use to: being that Season / Elite covered all furure DLC.

I'm old enough not to give a rats arse about 2 dollars here or there. But, 3arc/acti have caught some gamers off guard - and they feel miffed at paying more for camos, extra slots, and flags(previously free)

As I said above - It's their business. I try to look at situations at various perspectives - I'd rather play the Devil's Advocate than insult others  .

Want to know my exact thoughts on how DLC has been handled in BO2 - It's cheeky,, no more, no less.

________
FalconR6 | Community Forum Moderator

in reply to FalconR6

FalconR6 wrote:

When Season Pass was implemented, a la Elite, there was no thought of "extra" DLC(micro transactions). This is where the fuzziness comes in. Boils down to expectations. Please don't insult people by saying they can't read. Hindsight is wonderful - we all know now to read, rather to expect; this is in accordance to what Cod gamers were use to: being that Season / Elite covered all furure DLC.

I'm old enough not to give a rats arse about 2 dollars here or there. But, 3arc/acti have caught some gamers off guard - and they feel miffed at paying more for camos, extra slots, and flags(previously free)

As I said above - It's their business. I try to look at situations at various perspectives - I'd rather play the Devil's Advocate than insult others  .

Want to know my exact thoughts on how DLC has been handled in BO2 - It's cheeky,, no more, no less.

with respect that arguement carries no wieght, the season pass was clearly explained as to what it covered there was no ambiguity at all only players assumptions and their expectations not being met by not actually reading what they were buying,

Not saying Atvi havent screwed us over this year on some things  but the micro dlc/ season pass isnt one of the times.

Level 75
Highlighted

in reply to Maccabi

I think the core of Falcons arguement is that VIPs (Season Pass Holders) often get a number of freebies that go beyond their agreements as a sign of appreciation.  This years Season Pass holders got Nuketown Zombies at no additional cost while everyone else will have to pay for it if they want it.  So the model is in effect; however, Falcon thinks that the other microtransactions should have been thrown in as well.  My guess as to why he feels this way would be primarily because they are so cheap from an overal dollar position.  So it would have been an inexpensive jesture of appreciation.  That being said, the lower cost nature of these items will likely appeal to both Season Pass users and non-Season Pass users alike.  From a profit standpoint, Acitivison likely made the right call even though there has been some fallout.  I still haven't decided if I'm going to get any of the MTs.  If I do it will probably be a camo or two but that's probably it.  I'll have to get tired of the camos that I'm using already though for that to happen.  While $2 isn't much money, it is overpriced for what you are getting in my opinion but much like going to the movies, you are paying more so for the experience than the actual value of the goods.

Level 69

in reply to phxs72

VIP? Those who bought the Season Pass are no VIPs on my book. They're more like bargain hunters in a garage sale. They don't deserve anything more than what they agreed on terms when they bought the Season Pass. The worst Activision can do is make them feel like they're a special group of people. 

Level 35

in reply to Maccabi

Mac, I think we're closer in agreeing than you might think   . My above posts are just written from the perspective of what Cod gamers were "use to" - their assumptions and expectations based on how DLC worked previously.

To Phxs72 - I don't think 3arc/acti owe us anything. I don't think they "should" have thrown in all MT for for free. Merely - It would have been nice if they threw one of these MT's in for free.

________
FalconR6 | Community Forum Moderator

in reply to xXxQuinnxXx

To be honest the DLC and game are excellent value for money ! What other media gives you a FULL year of entertainment~ 50% rage~50% lol ! For 90 quid ! None ! I could take my family out to the cinema with £100 and not have change for bus fare home !

Also the price of games have been constant for years ! I remember paying £40/£50 for Master System games !

Level 8

in reply to xXxQuinnxXx

i second it! im always up for free stuff! especially when i paid for it! wait...

one would be a nice gesture i agree. or the flag ones for everyone! i mean, i only wanted one flag not the whole pack! o well, i downloaded one and i dont use it anyways... i worked to hard for diamond primaries.

Level 6

in reply to xXxQuinnxXx

They already got free calling cards once they purchsed the Season Pass, get over it. Camo's don't mean jack anyway, they don't improve gameplay in any way, shape or form.

Level 3

Studios