Scuf controllers

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: Scuf controllers

in reply to ghostsniper2010

How far can you go if you differentiate hard modded input vs computer aided.  Can I show up at a tourney with foot petals or double triggers?  If its not computer assisted can I use my head to aim?  The problem with scuf is its a weak mod made to make money of people with no imagination.  Then the pro players get the inside track and market the hardware when anyone could make much better mods on their own.  Can I blink to shoot I think it would help my reaction time but my eyes might get dry.

Level 3
Highlighted

I am looking to get a scuf also. I just want one because of the paint design. Can you buy a normal controller from scuf with just a cool looking design.

Level 18

in reply to IndianaSamurai

Let anyone use whatever type of controller they want, if they use macros or rapid fire they are noobs and will be viewed as such, if they use mods or hacks to gain an advantage then they are cheaters. Cheaters deserve a ban.

When gaming first started no one cared what controller people used, now gaming is popular among the general population and when they lose they cry. macros and rapid fire aren't enough to get you the win, I look down on marco and rapid fire players.

I would only consider hacks or software mods cheating. Those are the original rules from FPS online gaming. If you don't like the controller some one is using because you think its better then go buy it and dominate if that's what was stopping you. If you cant afford to do that then you don't want it that bad and you can either adapt with what you have or lose.

You arnt entitled to tell everyone what to do, other methods of controllers have been used since the first online game came out.

Level 9

Theres nothing wrong with a controller thats been modded ergonomically, only those which have been modded to defeat Call of Duties built in firing/ reloading rates like Rapid fire ,Jitter fire and Macros.

Modded Controllers like the SCUF are the way the factory controllers SHOULD be .

Level 5

in reply to ChronicCritic1

Meh..

Level 1

Modded controllers such as the ones scuff make will not make a bad player good, they might just make a good player better.

I modded my own, higher domed thumb stick & trigger stops. The higher thumb stick makes aiming slightly easier & the trigger stops just cut down on the wasted depression time on the triggers as you only really need to depress the triggers about a third of the way down to ADS & fire

I would not say they give me & edge but I feel more comfortable, that said with the extra buttons scuff allow that could make things slightly more interesting but this involves getting used them & quite a bit of practice & you never know you might not get on with it.

As long as modded controllers do not break firing & reload rates etc, i can't see an issue.

This argument is similar to me using my Razor Copperhead which at the time was a £70 mouse 2000DPI & 5 prog buttons, against people with £5 Tesco's value mouse, probably not in pub matches but i used to compete & every one had a preference or were running on similar setups.

Each to their own.

Level 1

Scuf Controllers suck if you have a firm grip.  I have literally broke the back paddles off of the controller 6 times over the period of a few years.  And everytime they break you have to pay for shipping and send the controller in and wait a few weeks.  I asked them if they could simply give me or sell me spare paddles so I can just replace them myself and that I understood that it would void my warranty with them but they said said thats not how they do business and that it has to be sent to them every time.  Needless to say the controller ended up in the trash.

Level 1

in reply to theplague

Same with me, they have so dumb policies! I can throw it in trash away after 3 months of usage!

Level 1

I've seen people selling controllers with the exact same features as a scuf controller only it's not nade by them. Are they legal to use? Will I be violating any terms by using them online?

Level 2

No reason to even get one right now when the next gen console will be coming out and the current gen console controllers will not work on them. So unless a person planned on stayin with current gen console for at least another year or more getting a scuff now would be a waste of money at this point.

Level 70

Studios