Scuf (and similar) Controllers: Ok or not Ok

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Scuf (and similar) Controllers: Ok or not Ok

Just wondering what you guys thought about it.

Personally, I think that if Scuf Controllers are outlawed then headsets should be outlawed too, so people using tv speakers aren't at a disadvantage.

Real modded controllers (rapid fire, aimbot, etc.) should defenitely be against the rules though.

Try to keep it civil.

Level 1
23 REPLIES

Re: Scuf (and similar) Controllers: Ok or not Ok

in reply to heart1es

Sure Scufs are fine, they dont shoot for you or have macros or jitter fire, they are simply a stock controller that are made more ergonomic.

I dont think Xim and controllers that defeat the built in rate of fire like Auto trigger or jitter fire should be allowed though.

Level 5

in reply to heart1es

Vahn tweeted this out: While we wait, I'll be in full try-hard mode all night with my Astro's and Scuff. So come at me, bro. See you online shortly!

Source.

in reply to Foxhound-Pro

So do you think treyarch will count Scufs as a "modded controller" because one could argue that it qualifies under their list of offences:

http://community.callofduty.com/message/413500949#413500949

Level 1
Highlighted

in reply to heart1es

heart1es wrote:

So do you think treyarch will count Scufs as a "modded controller" because one could argue that it qualifies under their list of offences:

http://community.callofduty.com/message/413500949#413500949

I do not think they will, but it isn't my place to speak for them.

If they did, then I'd definitely be breaking the policies.

in reply to Foxhound-Pro

In reply to Mr Foxhound, I went on a rant on the old blops 1 forums about needing a controller with buttons on the back as I had arthritis and YOU took great plessure in telling me that any kind of modified peripheral is a big fat no no. So imo only stock MS controller should be allowed. Scuf controllers do give the user a clear advantage doing certain things. Why do Treyarch allow them? Because every big YouTuber is sponsored or partnered with Scuf.

Level 1

in reply to KiNg69ErZz

KiNg69ErZz wrote:

In reply to Mr Foxhound, I went on a rant on the old blops 1 forums about needing a controller with buttons on the back as I had arthritis and YOU took great plessure in telling me that any kind of modified peripheral is a big fat no no. So imo only stock MS controller should be allowed. Scuf controllers do give the user a clear advantage doing certain things. Why do Treyarch allow them? Because every big YouTuber is sponsored or partnered with Scuf.

Keyword being here Black Ops (Legacy) Forum. Scuf didn't really come about, or into prevalence at least, until the last year. The online policies change and adapt over time. I've also noted here that the policies are unclear. As far as I know modded controllers that offer a rapid or macro modification are a definite no-no.

I also don't remember you or taking "great pleasure" in telling someone that had an ailment that something was a no-no.

in reply to heart1es

are you kidding me? outlaw headsets? ha what a joke....

Level 1

in reply to Bluntz_The_BK1

Just my personal opinion. If you have a different one, that's perfectly acceptable and I respect that.

Level 1

in reply to heart1es

Didn't mean to come off rude if that's how you took it. My bad

Level 1

Studios