Score per minute, should be removed....

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: Score per minute, should be removed....

in reply to owiseguyo

Yeah... and the half a clip from my gun before I even get a hit marker doesn't make them good.

But thanks for the words of wisdom*.

* Really not really.

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
Level 75

in reply to Glynzx6r1

Leader Boards are screwed up anyways. The top spot in HQ :

by Azteck   SPM 3,463.80    Kills 48   Deaths186   Caps1   Defends

Top KC:

Fall VainEr  Score 41,325  SPM 2,944.77 KD   0.03 Kills  2 Confirms  2 Denies  59  Matches  3

TDM:

PointyNose31 SPM 1,917.91 Kills  114 Deaths 0   KD  0.00 Assists  38

S&D:

PlayboyPuffin  SPM 2,612.50  Kills 51 Deaths 76 Plants 0 Defuses 0

As you can see, they are all messed up. Leader Boards mean nothing in this game just like all of the rest. Hell, number 100 on S&D has 1 kill 10 deaths 0 plants 0 defuses.. His spm is over 800! How?

Level 22

in reply to WARzH311ion

Because those HQ top guys all boosted, as most of the top do. However sometimes people get lucky, I for one am ranked #7 all time in demoliton because first ever game i played I got both bomb plants off and detonated in under 2 min giving me a 1177 spm for the first round so i just left and I have been ranked in the top 10 since with only boosters getting above me and then later getting removed etc.

Level 8

in reply to Sora_v21

Leaving the game because you "got Lucky" makes you just as bad in my eyes as the boosters. I get thost plants and detonations like that all the time, but I don't leave the game to have a good SPM. You are just a different type of booster if you ask me.

I don't think you should even be on the leader boards untill you hit a certain amount of games. Like it use to be.

Level 22

in reply to WARzH311ion

Well that is your opinion, and I agree you should have to play at more games to get ranked but the fact is that you don't and it is pretty cool to be ranked up in the top all time, oh but of course I "boosted" don't see the logic there but ok.

Level 8

in reply to WARzH311ion

The main reason is because of what I posted. There is no qualification games to get on the leaderboards. BO1 leaderboards were very accurate because you needed 50 games to get onto them. And if someone boosted for 50 games, you more then likely got banned and taken off the leaderboards anyway.

Level 20

in reply to Glynzx6r1

I have never been a spm player and tend to like the leaderboards from MW. Kills, Wins, Score. SPM can to easily be manipulated just as the post by sora v21 has shown.

Level 38

in reply to codchamp1

I like the boards to be more skill based instead of time played based. Maybe SPM isnt the perfect way to go about it but its good enough for now. Unless they create some kind of true skill leaderboard that takes all stats into consideration, I dont see what would be better then SPM.

Level 20

in reply to owiseguyo

Playing with you is the perfect example on why SPM sucks. Even lastnight one of your buddies was crying that it keeps falling.

When you play with a full good team it is hard to beast the SPM because of good talent you have to compete with game after game.

If you have a lone wolf guy going ham game after game, then it is a different story. But that same guy may be beating down much less skilled players.

This is why SPM does not matter. I would have rather seen Kills, wins and score. Until there is a REAL true skill rank system for public matchmaking then spm does nto mean jack.

Level 38

in reply to codchamp1

That guy wasnt my buddy and I almost kicked him for dashing in that Kill confirmed game we almost lost.

But yes, lone wolf players do and should have a higher SPM but playing in a full team doesnt always cripple your ability to get a high SPM. I could have told everyone to run support only(which I do sometimes) and everyone would be getting high scores. But most people like running lethals so I just let them and lethals are the reason for lower SPM. That and teams leaving the game at the first sign of getting owned.

Level 20

Studios