SNIPERS ARE NOT A CLOSE RANGE WEAPONs

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: SNIPERS ARE NOT A CLOSE RANGE WEAPONs

in reply to ElitePepe

ElitePepe wrote:

not sure how using a sniper for its intended purpose makes it obsolete? It kills long range distances. If thats what you want to do, then you use a sniper. Going toe to toe with shotguns and trying to come out on top at close range, may be "Fun" or take "skill" but at the end of day, its very unrealistic. You have the option of a secondary for close quarter action, theres no reason why a sniper rifle should be able to 360 spin hedshot somebody in a hallway or bedroom...

Yes exactly... This is a video game. An Arcade shooter. Its meant to be fun.  IT IS IN NO WAY REALISTIC. Yes most of the game is based on realism. But come on, if a guy can seriously take a bullet to the head and still live 90% of the time, you know this game is not realistic.

So everyone... Take a chill pill. You play your game how you want to.  I will do the same with my quickscoping

Level 15

in reply to ElitePepe

Maybe next time you should throw in a flashbang before entering a snipers nest. Common sense duh. Also majority of the maps in BO2 are small. So snipers have a lot to compete for vs 'running & gunning' type of players, such as yourself I presume. If you think damage at long range is deadly. Then close range would mean its extra deadly.

So like everyone else is saying on here. Find other ways to kill your opponent or ignore him and kill his teammates instead.

Level 3

in reply to ElitePepe

This gave me an idea for a playlist where you are only able to use the Ballista with Iron sights

MAKE IT NAO!

Level 7

in reply to ElitePepe

P.S.

You're right! Snipers aren't close range WEAPONS, they're the player at close range shooting you.

Level 6

in reply to BOps2PI

Very true.

Level 47

in reply to ElitePepe

Just because the gun is meant for long range does not mean you can't use it close range.

It is more difficult and less likely to get hit markers from close range expecially when hip firing, but it can happen.

In real life you could shoot somebody close range with a sniper, so I don't see why you are complaining at all.

It's really that you just aren't very good and reflects more on your skill level rather than something being wrong with the game.

Level 1

in reply to Uranus13

Dear Mr U. Anus,

if  I go up against a sniper with a buddy using 5 perks each + 1 smg, 1 lmg with 3 attatchments on each & then I get headshot'd (as does my amigo) by some guy in a fluffy green hoody that just pulls both triggers at the same time while looking NEARLY at us then I do believe there is a game mechanics problem. In my opinion it is an obvious game mechanics exploit, not in keeping with the spirit of the game, and under strict application of the rules a banable offense.....yes I got quick scoped again, sometimes in the killcam you can only see the glass of the scope so even the game recognises that there wasent enough time to snipe.

Yours faithfully

G.S.Kain

Edit: I have no problem with a 70/30 split chance of a no scope because at the end of the day if the guys stood right next to you unless he's seen you sniper wins

Level 1

in reply to Uranus13

In real life you could shoot somebody close range with a sniper, so I don't see why you are complaining at all.

In real life, if i was standing over that sniper with a shotgun. He would be dead. Also, if i was coming at him from behind with an SMG, he would also be dead. A knife? he would be dead. In real life you cant do a 360 spin and no scope someone shooting at you.

Level 2

in reply to ElitePepe

It isn't impossible just improbable.

Level 47

in reply to ElitePepe

Fixed, lol, it ain't broke.

Who makes the rules, you?

If snipers shouldn't be able to kill at close range, then neither should light machine guns. And smgs  should ONLY be allowed to kill me from short-medium ranges, at long, bullets should disappear.

Level 67

Studios