SMGs Should have a MAX Range!

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: SMGs Should have a MAX Range!

in reply to AZSESINO-

Just won 3 FFA's in a row with the PDW + Silencer + Stock, Lightweight, Toughness + Scavenger, Dexterity. I think this class should be banned. It's way too good. LoL.

Level 20

in reply to AZSESINO-

Um how about no? Bullets just don't stop disappear after a certain distance. You need to slap whoever told you that.

Level 43

in reply to AZSESINO-

AZSESINO- wrote:

SMGs should have a max range, no matter if you are aiming right at the head, no bullet at all should go after certain amount of distance. Its just common sense, its funny how i can snipe people across the map sometimes even "wallbang" (penetration) and kill them.  Not fair at all if you ask me.

im not asking for less damage or more recoil (that are also needed), just less range.

So should assault rifles then.

Level 31

in reply to SitRepPro

Make is that the max range of a SMG is like 100 yards.  AR is 250 yards and Snipers 500 yards.

Anywhere after the max range the bullets turn to nothing.

Level 47

in reply to iivrruummii

iivrruummii wrote:

Make is that the max range of a SMG is like 100 yards.  AR is 250 yards and Snipers 500 yards.

Anywhere after the max range the bullets turn to nothing.

Interesting idea.  I don't object to maximum ranges of weapons since it applies to shotguns already anyway.  I mean in MW3 I felt the MK14 was the best sniper rifle in the game and it's an assault rifle.  The thing with having maximum ranges with other weapons is making sure maps are designed with this in mind.  How often you see LMGs being used for suppressive fire and locking down areas of the map?  More chance you'll find someone using it as an assault rifle.

Level 31

in reply to AZSESINO-

So I run up to a guy and shoot him and my bullets just magically disappear. That sounds like fun times. I wonder if the military is limiting Barret 50 cal's to only shoot up to 10 meters because their range is too powerful and enemy insurgents are complaining that it is OP.

Level 5

in reply to xPsYcHo

LOL.

Level 47

in reply to AZSESINO-

Plus, everyone remember the FAMAS and AUG?? SMG damage, AR range. And that didn't even get nerfed until 6 months after the game. Even then, the AK74U was outshined by them... But put the 74U in BO2, no changes at all, and people would be sreaming, OP! OP! Why?

Because of the ak74u's decent range, medium recoil, and high damage.

It, (and the other smg's) play to the strengths of BO2. Medium-small maps so smg's are favored. NOT OP, just favorable. Lots of headglitches in maps, and the 74u has little recoil. Once again, plays to the flow of the game. Low time to kill, 74u has high damage. So why was it just a GOOD gun in BO1? It all just depends on the nature of the game. And BO2 favors long range SMG'S. AR's are still a very viable option, but SMG'S cater to the flow and traffic of players in the game.

Level 5
Highlighted

in reply to AZSESINO-

Range is not the real issue, there are a few things that would balance out SMG's to the rest.

1 - movement should not be faster than a player using an AR

2 - light weight has less effect on SMG user

3 - AR buff to balance out to the SMGs

4 - oh yeah fix the Friggin lag 3ARC!!!!

5 - adjustable stock attachment should be nerfed to 95% instead of its current 102% movement award.

These are just they few things that would make it balanced

Level 3

in reply to AZSESINO-

I really want to see someone come in here and defend SMG that does not constantly use SMGs. I wasnt to see someone with there top 3 guns NOT include the PDW and/or MSMC. Then we can talk.... Soo cya never

Level 15

Studios