Raise HC health from 30% to 50%

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: Raise HC health from 30% to 50%

in reply to Dscru

Dscru wrote:

I play hardcore quite a bit in BO2. It's the 1st COD since COD4 where I've enjoyed playing this mode, as I prefer the slower pace over core.

I just think the mode would be a little more fun if it would take 3 or 4 bullets to kill rather than 2. Not a dramatic change to gameplay. Someone who gets the drop on you or faster trigger finger will still down their opponent easily, but maybe it'll take more of an effect in certain circumstances like heading for cover to cover etc. Sniping with pistols would just be a tad harder

I could also open up attacking gameplay a little bit, rather than 90% defensive gamestyle . I don't think the pace suffer too much. It'll still be hardcore

I don't know what core fans would think about raising the core health so I'm only suggesting HC. Upping HC to 50% tho would give a better experience imo, closer to the way it was in cod4.

Is it possible for the devs to change it + test it for a while without the need of a patch? I'm sure I read somewhere they can change/tweak most things with a hotfix this year.

Normally, I'm not for changing HC...

... however...

... I kinda like this suggestion. Connectivity issues really are affecting HC gameplay because it takes so little to kill you... adding a touch of health would help offset it.

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
Level 75

in reply to RAN Kismet

It will make no difference though... Adding health in HC won't help with the connectivity..

Level 14
Highlighted

in reply to AudibleTuna

AudibleTuna wrote:

It will make no difference though... Adding health in HC won't help with the connectivity..

No... but will help compensate... when I play Core KC (because we have no HC version) I survive may encounters where they simply can't aim and it takes more shots to kill me.

In HC...I'm dying when shooting first in poor connection rroms. I'd have a chance if they upped the health.

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
Level 75

in reply to Dscru

No, no, no

No

Hardcore mode is fine, it is supposed to be «Hardcore».

You play bad, and you die, quick.

In Core, some weapon can take up to 6 bullet in the chest to kill at moderate distance. So Brainless player can go out in the open, get shot several time, miraculously survive, wait a sec under cover and be back at full health and think they are somewhat «skilled» LOL

I mean, even a .22 caliber rifle sold at Wal-Mart would render anyone useless in less than 6 bullet to the abdomen or chest at moderate range. So the little bit of realism in hardcore is very appreciated.

I dont want a Hardcore mode that is almost like Core but without a map. If i want to play something like Core without a map, I'll just play Core and not look at it.

Level 5

in reply to Dscru

Ummmm, NO!!!

The reason the majority of us play hardcore is because it only take 2 bullets to kill someone..

We don't want to play "Core".. If you were to get shot in real life in the foot your gonna go down to the floor, obviously the game can't be that realistic, but it is perfectly fine the way it is as far as how many bullets it takes to kill someone...

If you want more, then go play the very unrealistic gamemode known as "Core"

Level 4

in reply to Dscru

If you're talking about creating middlecore they just can't justify the playerbase population to add the servers. /sarcasm

Level 16

in reply to Dscru

Thank god your not a developer.  4 clean bullets is a core kill.

1-2 is perfect for HC

Level 10

in reply to jcostanzo27

• And when we play, we aren't coming up against skill. Or tactics. We come up against campers, and defensively players, and ADS head glitchers who don't move. Remind me again where the skill is in that?
            Your making a sweeping generalazition about the HC players.   Yea there are those who do it but to say we all do is sillty

Level 10

in reply to jcostanzo27

As I've said multiple times, I'm making a generalization about the majority of the players in the playlist. Not everyone. Not all. Majority.

Level 18

in reply to Tick7

Let me make a generalization. If you get outplayed by campers you suck, check your corners and don't run into the open where people are known to be head glitching. What modes are you talkign about anyways? In HC CTF there should be 2 "campers" gaurding the flag, 2 "campers" mid D, and 2 runners. So maybe you are mistaking campers for defense. I cannot speak for HC TDM and HC FFA, but I stand by that if you constantly get killed by campers in general your a shitty player, have fun sucking, stay out of HC if you need another 1-2 seconds to get the drop on someone that already has the drop on you. It is working as intended.

Level 1

Studios