Questions and Issues

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Highlighted

Re: Questions and Issues

in reply to anthony20031

It was not "dumped" as I mentioned in a previous post, Treyach is the studio responsable for Zombies, they made Call of Duty 2: Big Red One, Call of Duty 3, Call of Duty: World at War, Call of Duty: Black Ops and Call of Duty: Black Ops 2.

Infinity Ward is the studio responsable for Spec Ops, they made Call of Duty, Call of Duty 2, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3.

Level 5

in reply to IHerpIMyIDerp

OK...I just responded to your post before....what is keeping Treyarch from doing a co-op?  And what is the reason behind Activision using one studio for Modern Warfare now and one studio for Black Ops......maybe I need a little clarification.

Level 1

in reply to anthony20031

i don't know for sure but its probably so one can focus on a game for two years instead of hastily creating a new one every year (sports games) thats why it has been alternating between the two.

Level 2

in reply to squiffyflounder

You would think one would learn from the other though.  With Spec Ops or at least Survival Mode being popular in one would result in the other introducing it into their own game.  Although I guess they would not want to be seen copying the other.

Level 1

in reply to anthony20031

I bet they have some sort of deal worked out between the two. Both parties probably sit around the table and call dibs on ideas. I like it because it mixes things up, but do agree that they should keep along the same lines. As it gets confusing how one team builds the game, then the next switches things up.

But ultimately, its all about the Benjamin’s

Level 2

in reply to squiffyflounder

Very true...it's all funny becuase doth Infinity Ward and Treyarch are sub divisions of Activision...ie Activision is their parent company.

Level 1

in reply to anthony20031

Umm yh COD defiinitely has had Co-Op without a doubt.  MW2 had a Co-Op mode called Special Ops which had about 30 or so missions.  And then each mission had the ability to unlock 1-3 stars depending on the difficulty you chose so there was a ton of replayability and it was great to play with a buddy and have strategy to complete the mission etc.

Level 1

in reply to anthony20031

Then in MW3 they had Survival Mode (non zombies) which was fun.  I haven't played the zombie co-op yet but really was hoping they would also have a survival mode at the very least and was really hoping they brought thos co-op missions back

Level 1

in reply to anthony20031

Infinity Ward does Spec Ops (Survival Mode was in Spec Ops menu I believe). Treyarch does Zombies.

Level 5

in reply to IHerpIMyIDerp

So is there something keeping Treyarch from doing it?

Level 1

Studios