Question to all who suffer from lag

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Question to all who suffer from lag

Instead of waiting for a magical title update or hotfix that will fix the lag issues, why don't you try to fix the game by yourself? Vahn said that the problem in on our side, this means only we can fix it.

I am just curious.

Level 24
51 REPLIES

Re: Question to all who suffer from lag

in reply to FixBlops2

I fixed all my problems.  After messing with my router settings at least five times, etc. I finally fixed my problem.  I took BLOPS 2 out of my xbox and put Battlefield 3 in.  No problems.  Not one.  The only small problem I still have is trying to decide whether I will trade the game in or just hold out a little bit longer in hopes of the possibility of the game being fixed.  Thus, why I ocassionally check forums.  Until then BF3 has been a lot of fun. 

Level 5

in reply to foedusgratiae

I keep trying to get a hang of that game but I just simply can't do it. I tired everything. I tried TDM, Rush, Conquest, 64 man Large Conquest but I totally suck on that game. I can't run and gun, I can't see where my enemies are, and the maps are so big, I feel lost on them and I can't feel the flow of the game.

Yes, the game looks pretty but the fun factor is just not there for me. I'm a Premium member and until this day, I still don't know what I'm doing whenever I'm playing that game. 

Level 35

in reply to Run_N_Gunning_C

Lol there is a big learning curve in bf3 I was getting wrecked in that game. My tip use the back button to highlight enemies and take it slow you are gonna dominate like you can on cod in my time with the game anyways. Fun game just not as easy to throw in and play a couple matches as Blops 2.

Level 3

in reply to Run_N_Gunning_C

It helps playing as a squad.  I learned on BF 3 coming from a long line of CoD.  Now I prefer BF3.  But yes, there is a learning curve.  It is worth it IMO though. 

I remember being terrible at first.  I'm still not great but finish close to the top in most games.  I just find it so much more fun.  And that is why I play games - for fun.

I was just given Halo 4 and I've never played mp Halo so I'm about ready to hit another learning curve.  Looking forward to it though.  Maybe come Halo 5 I will be average.

Level 5
Highlighted

in reply to foedusgratiae

I completely agree with everything stated above.  I think the problem here is Activision, Treyarch, whoever the responsibilty falls on.. both... individually... whatever!  A few problems I have with the biggest video game of all time:

1. LAG

2. Bad servor response (Elite is basically a joke, it doesn't work and never has, probably why its completely free now)

3. Spawn Exploitation (not talking about a fortunate spawn, we're talking about the fact that any kid can get a few friends play CTF HC, hold every spawn point and kill as people spawn)

4. Mods, Hacks, Aim Assists, and Rigged Controllers (just google there are so many it makes me sick)

HUGE ISSUES, until all are fixed Activision is going to have a lot of trouble turning this into a sport game competition similar to WSOP.  It devalues the game for the people that actually want to play a legit game and get good.

The problem is the investors, these companies are too big for their own britches and the only way they will fix it is to hurt the investors at their pockets.  Each game is basically a repackage of the last one, tweaked with new maps.  A profit machine for a game that really isn't that much different from the last.  Try returning a sports game to gamestop... You'll get $.50 cents for that NBA 2008 that you forked out $50.  Not long until COD starts losing its value.

Again, the only way they will fix it is if people literally stop playing and stop buying the extra downloads.  I bought the season pass and seriously regrit it.  I'm so close to 10th prestige I'm tempted to finish and pop  in MW2 or MW3. 

Level 1

in reply to FixBlops2

I dont think there is anything we can fix as regards to the host lag/delay.  it could be what vahn is suggesting, is what somebody else pointed out on here, is the fact that the technology in our xboxs is too poor for the game. the 360s internals are nearly 10 years old i believe. i think my toaster is more technologicly advanced than the 360.

Level 1

in reply to FixBlops2

Actually there isn't really a way to fx it.for some of us.and i've actually had 5 different sets of internet connections in different areas and all had lag compensation. not on our side. and we know they won't fix it. we're waiting for the next cod game to hopefully not be so bad. in the meantime. we can play mw3.

Level 1

in reply to Johnegbert

5 different connections and areas are a lot. But then why do some people claim to not have lag issues?

Level 24

in reply to FixBlops2

Some people are either too big of a fan of the franchise and some are blinded by the nature of the game they play and swears that there is no lag on hardcore.

Level 35

Studios