Question to all who suffer from lag

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: Question to all who suffer from lag

in reply to SoG_Hanix_PC

dsl is fine, it is those with wireless-not wifi, that are causing a lot of the grief, that and parties and terrible matchmaking

it is all vahn fault and he cant fix it because someone got owned in mw2 with their poor connection and the set out to compensate for lag/poor ping times

Level 1
Highlighted

in reply to FixBlops2

For me 70% behind, 20% even, 10% ahead. Although since DMZing my Xbox the difference between behind and ahead seems to have lessened. Why do some of us suffer more from lag than others - I dont know. Maybe its because of living in area with relatively sparse gamer population (living in the Norther Rivers of NSW in AUS. Without knowing the answer I call it Lag Luck. 

I don't know if the actual (timed) lag is any worse than previous Cods, but, it sure FEELS like it. I think the reason for this is that BO2 is quick - time to kill, movement speed, smaller maps, auto aim increased, etc. With such a quick game connection/sync is more crucial to outcomes and noticeable - just using logic from what I've experienced ; wouldn't have a clue tech wise.

________
FalconR6 | Community Forum Moderator

in reply to FalconR6

FalconR6 wrote:

For me 70% behind, 20% even, 10% ahead. Although since DMZing my Xbox the difference between behind and ahead seems to have lessened. Why do some of us suffer more from lag than others - I dont know. Maybe its because of living in area with relatively sparse gamer population (living in the Norther Rivers of NSW in AUS. Without knowing the answer I call it Lag Luck. 

I don't know if the actual (timed) lag is any worse than previous Cods, but, it sure FEELS like it. I think the reason for this is that BO2 is quick - time to kill, movement speed, smaller maps, auto aim increased, etc. With such a quick game connection/sync is more crucial to outcomes and noticeable - just using logic from what I've experienced ; wouldn't have a clue tech wise.

In addition to the game itself, I'm starting to wonder if your living area makes it worse as well. But for me, I'm in Southern California so I would sure think there's a heavy gaming population

Level 32

in reply to FalconR6

I've read solo many of the "lag comp" threads it's pitiful. All these ideas and fixes are fine, although I don't necessarily agree with them. Here's the thing, I play any other cod online, it's pretty much fine. My wife or daughter start doing something online, downloading, etc. and I notice right away, I get "LEGITIMATE" lag, and the game becomes unplayable. I put in black ops2, family does the same thing, and for some reason, it doesn't affect my gameplay at all. So why can I see such a difference if there is no "lag comp"? Should draining my Internet signal affect every other cod game except this one? Regardless of what vahn and so many other ppl say, the problem lies with something they did different. And yes, "lag" has always been a part of online gaming, however, the lag in blops2 is a different animal. The worst part is, the more ppl who downgrade their signal, the harder it is going to be for them to fix. And if they happen to revert back, all you folks who have screwed with their connection are going to suffer "legitimate lag" and be on here complaining with the rest.

Level 8

in reply to FixBlops2

the only way to "fix" the lag is to not be punished aka lag compensated for having high speed cable internet. Get a seperate slow DSL line and play on that. It's much better.

Level 6

in reply to FixBlops2

"If" Vahn actually said that, "not saying he did, taking your word for it", then that is arrogance at its finest.

Level 11

in reply to Adeeez1001

"they" have been saying it since the first black ops, i knew it was b.s and havent bought a cod since

Level 1

in reply to Rick_Rude

Rick_Rude wrote:

"they" have been saying it since the first black ops, i knew it was b.s and havent bought a cod since

I know, i was just trying to be diplomatic.

Level 11

in reply to FixBlops2

Check the top players, they don't complain and make excuses for lag.

Level 27

in reply to Restore_Hardcore

That's B.S. They probably don't complain because they have "throttled" their connection, (cheated) and are always on the good side of the "comp".

Level 8

Studios