PubStompers Heavily abusing the skill based matchmaking system

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Highlighted

Re: PubStompers Heavily abusing the skill based matchmaking system

in reply to FixBlops2

When I was new, I didn't mind getting destroyed by the better players. They're the ones that got me better and that was a time before I watched YouTube for tips and tricks. Getting destroyed over and over back then is what made me a better player today. I didn't whine and I didn't complain. I put on the time and I obseverved the better players. Newer Gamers nowadays are just too impatient. Skill comes in time and it doesn't get developed instantly.

Level 35

in reply to Run_N_Gunning_C

Same here, when i started playing CoD i wasn't good,  then after watching the killcams i become better and i've learned a lot from the killcams.

When Pros play vs Pros then they can learn from each other, but if a Noob plays vs a Noob then he can't learn cause both have no idea how to get better, the killcam is a very good learning tool.

Level 24

in reply to RexxCastle

Take a look at this article on how matchmaking works from Support. It's not soley skill based, in fact skill isn't even the first factor in matchmaking. It's good information that you might want to review.

Support has this article regarding how Matchmaking works. https://support.activision.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/How-does-matchmaking-work-in-Public-Match/?l=en_US...

Thanks!

Claire JeepChick

in reply to RexxCastle

No doubt that before the main weapon balancing patch the matchmaking worked differently than any other cod I've played online. No matter what game mode I played the spm of other players were always within 75 points of my spm in that game mode. I also had more lag issues as I wasn't getting matched with locals that often. I mostly play tdm but also play dom and ctf.

While it was never stated in the weapon balancing patch notes, they had to have done something in regards to matchmaking.  Im getting normal cod lobbies again in all game modes. Great players, average players, and down right noobs just trying to learn the game. Im also seeing a lot more local players which makes the game play a bit better. My buddies have noticed it as well. I primarily play solo and the difference in lobbies is huge.

Level 7

in reply to RexxCastle

Some matches, I could be killing lots of noobs yet others I'm up against kill hoarders and effective teams. After all, I noticed Foxhound was in a couple of matches I played in so far and he is just a good teammate to have.

Level 11

in reply to RexxCastle

This game does not base skill on SPM. There are variables. but it is based heavily on K/D. SPM means nothing when it comes to skill.

Level 38

in reply to codchamp1

Before the patch though it seems they did base it off of SPM. I saw differing KD ratios, but the SPM was always very similar to mine.

Now it's completely mixed for me.

Level 7

in reply to Moofda

The on consistent in this game for matchmaking since the start has been K/D.

I play on a full team ONLY. if i do not have 5 others online i will play MW3 or Halo 4. My team is made up of all 2.00 + K/D players. We have 1 player that has a .90 K/D and we use him for lobby leader for this purpose. It gives us games with more green random players and less skilled players.

Now is what we do for searching for games ethical? i guess not. But for all the years prior to Blops 2 the game searched for best connection and not skill. Our playstyle has always been pub stomping players in domination or spwan killing in demolition. This game is not fun unless this is how we play.

As for SPM, I sand bagged the hell out of mine, but it makes no difference when i play solo. it always pairs me with players of similar K/D

Level 38

in reply to codchamp1

That's very weird because they only filter withing broad skill range now and KD doesn't even factor into it. Over all or per playlist

I play a lot of FFA Had a rough start with the game but quickly got the hang of it, my FFA KD is well over 2 now W/L over 3 and SPM Is almost 450 but I still get paired up with kids that have a significantly lower SPM than I do. And this is in FFA, so I think the weight they used to put on the "skill" has been removed and is now more connection based than before.

Three weeks ago the lobbys were much harder to come by and the competition was always extremely tight. Now I can actually get hit registration when I play FFA and other game types.

Level 7

in reply to codchamp1

Strange, I saw all sorts of different KDs before the patch, just similar SPM as well as all my buddies.  Well anyway all is back to normal for me and it's completely mixed like old times. All sorts of varying KD's as well as SPM.

Level 7

Studios