PubStompers Heavily abusing the skill based matchmaking system

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

PubStompers Heavily abusing the skill based matchmaking system

I have noticed i HUGE surge in the amount of high SPM 3-400+ Pubstompers that are getting in groups with someone with an SPM of 100 or below just so that they can go in and flat out destroy the room.   What the hell is the fuin in that?  Are you guys really that bad that you would rather make the game no fun for others because you cant compete against others in your score range?  I bet the same kids get off on taking candy from small children also.

3 arc  please fix this,  currently the matchmaking only looks at the leaders SPM,  cant you change it so that it looks at the average SPM of the ENTIRE group before it places someone?

Facing a team with 4 - 400SPM and 1 45 SPM  against a team of sub 100's  is not very balanced at all.

Level 15
37 REPLIES

Re: PubStompers Heavily abusing the skill based matchmaking system

in reply to RexxCastle

I thought matchmaking looked at KDR spread rather than SPM

Level 29

in reply to WKMMS

it looks at SPM,  looking at lobby leaderboards will show you that

Level 15

in reply to RexxCastle

Strange, because I see massive fluctuations in SPM, but only very small variances in KDR... not that I'm bothered either way.  I play in a party of friends maybe once or twice a week and I have much higher SPM than those guys.  I'm not trying to abuse matchmaking, just want to play some CoD with my friends.  Maybe you're seeing a similar situation.

Level 29

in reply to WKMMS

What game mode do you play? I solely play Core TDM 99% of the time and the SPM ranges from 30-300 plus.

Level 35
Highlighted

in reply to WKMMS

It's SPM for TDM. However, they loosened up with the recent patch and I'm now getting matched with people on the range of 30-300 SPM. I'm currently sitting at 232 SPM on TDM. Treyarch did the right thing and tweaked it.

This is how it should be and they should not sacrifice connection for the sake of grouping people based on SPM/skills. My games are now running smoothly.

I believe that a pure skill based matchmaking causes lag problems for a lot of people. The majority of players have less than 1 KD. Grouping people together based on skill causes matchmaking to look for those people with above normal SPM all over the world. That's the reason why you get paried with people who are thousands of miles away from you. Playing with people with similar skill who are that far away ensures lag.

I used to see people on my lobby with the clan tag [MEX]. They're Mexicans and I'm from Toronto. They are some 1900 miles away from me and I lag when I used to get games like that.

Level 35

in reply to Run_N_Gunning_C

I play mostly Domination, KC and Hardpoint and my SPM is around the 300 mark across the board there.  I see the same sort of SPM variations as you, but usually the KDRs are somewhere between 0.8 - 1.5 but average around 1.1.  I'd read the article JeepChick posted previously, but as there is no mention of which specific criteria are used in the skill portion of matchmaking I assumed that it had more to do with KDR rather than SPM due to the greater consistency of KDRs in my lobbies rather than the wildly fluctuating SPMs. 

Level 29

in reply to RexxCastle

Maybe this explains why there aren't as many players online as in MW3. The casuals will lose interest in the game when they get destroyed left and right from players who abuse the matchmaking system.

Great job Vahnderhaar & Treyarch.

Level 24

in reply to FixBlops2

I don't know about that. Public Match TDM player count was 146K last night at it's peak......that's more than on launch day! It did drop dramatically by about 10pm, central time US. Still, it shows that people are playing in massive numbers in TDM.

Level 48

in reply to ZvErS

wasnt there 3 million the first day? it was for black ops 1 and mw3. i remember. i think.

Level 6

Studios