Probation Warning and 5 minute BAN because of your pathetic servers Lol

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: Probation Warning and 5 minute BAN because of your pathetic servers Lol

in reply to StickyLagg

StickyLagg wrote:

At no point did I say trading standards did this for me, I said I had alerted them incase I need to take the other 3 copies back, in worse case scenario and issues aren't solved then I will be returning the other 3 copies. Didn't need to go in there all guns blazing, you don't win any arguements by raising your voice, maybe by telling a few porkies and bluffing you will though  

You still wont get a full refund on the other 3 copies. The game STILL does play online. It may play like crap for you and others in your area but it still plays.

If you are able to get online and get into a match the factor of having hitmarkers not register, etc will not get you a refund.

The most anybody ever got a full refund was on the Premium version of Elite due to things missing at that time.

Level 72

in reply to StickyLagg

In response to your initial post - you mention a 15ms ping time.

This is the ping time to the server which you are performing the speed test with.

You need to ping the  BLOPS2 servers IP address and see what your ping time and total round trip time is.

I gaurantee you it will be much higher

Level 29

in reply to gdexter

I think that has already been done by someone on here and they found it was 1000 ms ping difference thus resulting in a full second lagg, I mean c'mon, a full second lagg no wonder people are dieing so much before they have even raised their guns or spotted a guy coming round a corner. Don't punish the people with good internet speeds etc. is all I am saying, and while this game is having teething problems there is no single point in giving people probation etc. just because they are getting slapped due to the inconsistent and poor servers/lagg. Just ano0ther thought for the day, why should people also get probation warnings and bans when they are getting kicked offline by a ddos attacker ??? a DDOS attacker can keep constantly keep kicking people out of games once he has there ip address and this wil then result in that person getting probation and a likely ban, how do you cater for that ?????

Level 1

in reply to StickyLagg

Beef up your home security.

That is not Treyarch nor Activion's issue.

Level 29

in reply to StickyLagg

StickyLagg wrote:

I think that has already been done by someone on here and they found it was 1000 ms ping difference thus resulting in a full second lagg, I mean c'mon, a full second lagg no wonder people are dieing so much before they have even raised their guns or spotted a guy coming round a corner. Don't punish the people with good internet speeds etc. is all I am saying, and while this game is having teething problems there is no single point in giving people probation etc. just because they are getting slapped due to the inconsistent and poor servers/lagg. Just ano0ther thought for the day, why should people also get probation warnings and bans when they are getting kicked offline by a ddos attacker ??? a DDOS attacker can keep constantly keep kicking people out of games once he has there ip address and this wil then result in that person getting probation and a likely ban, how do you cater for that ?????

First of all a DDOS attacker is VERY rare. No one is going to spend time or money attacking peoples service. The game code can tell the difference when you quit and when you lose power, etc. As you said you and your freinds quit games regularly. So dont even go to that excuse.

For example when you hit the X button on the screen and then chosse to leave the game to the dashboard, THAT is recorded as dashboaring. When you use the menu to leave the game THAT can also be recorded by the game software.

As for the lag, wecome to console gaming, EVERY game has lag due to the main factor of what makes it worse is the low bandwidth used by the Xbox for gaming. It doesnt punish you for having good internet because the Xbox console doesnt use all of your bandwidth, only a small fraction when you are gaming. All the lag comp does is smooth out the bumps in the lag.

The "teething problems" will exist with or without lag comp. all they will do is tweak parameters and that is it. The lag will still have issues.

As for servers, the game only has TWO. One for matchmaking, which is run by Microsoft to match up players and one at the END of the game when it stores data. All that gaming in between the only "server" is the person who got picked as host. HIS Xbox is the server.

Level 72
Highlighted

in reply to StickyLagg

StickyLagg wrote:

So I am in a game with 5 of my friends for about the 50th time and end up rage quitting because our 6 man team get so much lagg against us we quit. Me and my friends all hold a 3.0 kd + on black ops and 2.0 kd on mw3, yet every game we play on or in on black ops 2 we all end up with a minus kd. We start a lobby and begin with only us lot in it, people join us and they always end up host. ???????? we all live in uk, 4 people from the north 2 from the south, I have a 100 meg d/s , 15 ms ping and 5 meg up/s. 2 others also have 100 meg d/s yet we have to suffer because of other peoples bad connections. Dont ruin it for the people who have these fast download speeds, its not our fault we go out to work and earn a hard days crust to get the finer things in life and then you punish us for it. You have completely ruined this game with the lack of servers or the lagg compensation you give to these people who have a high and better internet. This all brings me back to why I originally posted and that is dont punish us with probation warnings and bs 5 minutes probation because of your shitty servers and punishment for paying for better internet speed. I purchased 4 copies of this game on release, 2 hardened and 2 normall editions, I have done that on all previous cod releases buying for me and my children. If you continue to punish us with this probation warnings etc then I will be returning all 4 copies straight away and getting my money back, GET RID OF THE PROBATION BS its not our fault we have to quit lobbies because you cant provide adequate servers........

TLDR?

I pay lots of money for top internet so I want an advantage over everyone else.

Yours truly, Dashboard n00b

Level 15

in reply to COD_WIDOW

I don't pay lots of money for my internet speed as my dole payments can't afford it, I am awaiting on my cold weather winter payments to actually pay for the game as I have yet to buy it and the reason why I come on forums like these is because I have nothing going for me in life and so much spare time. Dreading when I do get the game though as my shared internet connection in my overcrowded bedsit won't allow me to go online, looks like I will have to keep buying fries from mcdonalds to sponge off there internet.

Yours truly, COD_WIDOW

Level 1

in reply to StickyLagg

actually they don't punish people for their internet connections they punish people for leaving the game because they are losing or they died and it causes unfairness in the game due to the other team having more people. I was on a game of Search and Destroy recently and just because 2 ppl died once they both left. In the end there was only me. I have 30mg fibre broadband with Virgin and i put the conncetion on Black Ops 2 as Best so i always get people with good connections. I've only ever had Host Migration 2 times since i've had the game. Never had lag other then that. It must depend on the area you are in to whether you have a lag spike in your connection. Plus if you have a really good connection as you keep boasting (Best in the UK) the game probably chooses you as the host and that puts more pressure on your connection which could well cause lag or lag spikes in your gameplay. Maybe try turning your NAT to Strict so the game doesn't choose you over other people to host and see how your connection goes then

Level 1

in reply to StickyLagg

So hang on.

You have 4 kids and you are using your cold weather winter payments (which is meant to be used for gas and electric at your home) to buy the game. Priorities mate....

But in your first post you said you already bought 4 copies of the game, becuase you were in a game in a 6 man team, you then went on to say that you returned your copy to HMV so you no longer have the game, but ou are yet to buy it!?

Level 29

in reply to StickyLagg

The answer suck it up. I suffer from lag comp so I sneak around behind them and shoot them in the back, sure it takes more bullets but it works.

Level 9

Studios