Probably another "Footsteps need to be Louder" thread

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: Probably another "Footsteps need to be Louder" thread

in reply to RuggedSavior

love how people are saying just buy a good headset....well i have turtle beaches and i cant even hear footsteps in this game, its stupid. honestly thought they took them out

only footsteps i EVER hear are my own when im all alone in some part of the map

make fotsteps louder might be a good change to nerfing SMGs a little more, since 70% of the players in this game run n gun with an SMG in the other teams spawn. MW3 i felt was perfect with footsteps. i shouldnt need a perk just so i can "maybe" hear them

Level 7

in reply to sneed867

u can hear them, not as good as in other games but they are there! saved my life a few times ..!

Level 1

in reply to doublesit1

i honestly can never hear them, turtle beaches and all...i guess im not ever that camped up away from all the action

Level 7

in reply to sneed867

you don't remember sitrep pro?

that ruined SND

Level 4

in reply to RuggedSavior

I wish I could hear the footsteps louder because I've been soundwhoring since WaW. But I'm pretty sure it's something that won't be fixed because its not actually broken but instead the way Treyarch wanted it. The footsteps are supposedly intelligent depending on what surface your walking on. The funniest thing that should be addressed is, when playing SnD, I'll be trying to be stealth and reload or a teammate will get killed and my player will talk and blow my stealthiness. But thats existed since WaW also..

Level 23

in reply to BKBLAZER

Dead Silence stops your character from saying anything. When I use them, I don't even need awareness to hear enemy footsteps, even though it helps.

Level 1

in reply to G_Kevin

Really, I didn't know that about Dead Silence. I can hear steps but not as well as all past titles.

Level 23

in reply to BKBLAZER

Yea, I always use Dead Silence on SnD just because of that.

The footsteps or not as loud but at least now only the trained ear can hear it through gunfire or other ambient noises.

Level 1
Highlighted

in reply to RuggedSavior

I would say the footsteps need to be louder to make up for the situational awareness lost from the tunnel vision. There is no parapheral vision in this game, very often I run right by guys that would be well within my normal field of vision. Right now footsteps are very hard to hear without awareness and perks like dead silence aren't very useful. So a bit of an increase on the footsteps would make this game a lot better in my opinion.

Level 2

Studios