Please Play the Objective!!!

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: Please Play the Objective!!!

in reply to jwaller123

All I play is dom. Started with MW2 then BO and MW3.

Did not catch the fact that the kills are now worth 100pts. That would explain all of the kill whores with no caps. When solo, I am more angry at my own team mates rather than the enemy.  When in a party, i dont chat. Just call out and listen. All of my team mates are frustrated as well. "I don't get it, I shot him six times in the face then he shot me with a pistol."  Too much anger and its taking the fun out of the game. We now have to leave someone behind to camp our house so we dont get spawn trapped. Hijacked is just rediculous. I use to love that map, now I hate it. Standoff, Slums and Raid are the only fun maps any more. Sad....

Level 1

in reply to jwaller123

if in dom, my team gets 1 cap (main flag), and only 1 cap middle, and holds you the entire game at your flag, that IS playing the objective. You're just getting beat.

Level 18

in reply to xmrythem

xmrythem wrote:

if in dom, my team gets 1 cap (main flag), and only 1 cap middle, and holds you the entire game at your flag, that IS playing the objective. You're just getting beat.

I totally understand this. I understand you can win this way and this is how teams play. Hold two flags and keep the enemy in one spot. The thing that gets me is the 0 caps. Not even getting the home flag. At the least, unless your messing with what class you want at the start of the game, everyone should have at least two caps in my opinion. Zero is just a blantant disregard and that is what gets others blood boiling.

Level 28

in reply to jwaller123

There are many good reasons why people don't feel enticed to play the objective but here is the one that I think is the biggest right now.

Domination is setup completely wrong in this game. I have said this before but will try saying it again. When you place all of the flags in a line and force teams to have to secure B flag to win, you make it like shooting fish in a barrel and noone wants to run in repeatedly to their deaths. Honestly, with the way they set it up, you don't even need A/C flags in the game just B flag. Respawns alone will guarantee you A or C in EVERY match. Saying play the objective in this kind of domination is like saying, jam your hand into the spinning blender blades.

You need a triangular flag layout in domination so that people aren't forced to go one way only.

Level 18

in reply to jwaller123

The reason for players not playing the objective is simple, they don't wanna risk their scorestreak, 3Arch should nurf the points for a kill and buff the points for an objective in objective game modes making playing the objective the BEST way to get a scorestreak going, at the moment players get rewarded far too much for selfish actions, and to prove that point all you have to do is play BF3 where the only rewards are XP and a Win and you will see most players on there getting themselves killed to get objectives, not to mention all the insentives in that game to work as a team.

Level 18

in reply to jwaller123

Yes it really makes no sense that kills away from objectives in Domination are worth 100. They should make it 50...or even 25! Keep caps and defense/offensive kills the same 125, 200, etc. The only way to get rid of the non-objective kill whores is to FORCE objective play.

Level 9

in reply to JBurn244

Or make team deathmach kills worth 150. Then the kill whores will go back to playing it again. Sounds quite simple.

Level 1

in reply to JBurn244

The answer to fixing domination isn't solely in FORCING people to play your way.

For all the bad ideas I see on these forums, I never hear anyone adddress the real concerns that can change things. Like buffing TDM tremendously to draw people that like killing back to the killing game modes. You hear the same complaints about TDM so it seems very easy to resolve. Increase total kills and score for kills. TDM kills are MUCH more difficult to get than Dom kills but the reward is the same, go figure. There just is no incentive to play TDM unless you are just hell bent on playing TDM, you can do so much better in other game modes.

Level 18

in reply to jwaller123

I've played good games of dom and I've played bad games

But what the campers don't realize is that there is nothing that gets you a Vsat and a Warthog quicker than hoping on an objective, killing three people. Capping it. (with hardline) and then walking off to defend from an elevated position

the points you get even without hardline

That's quite a few points, now if you add 20% to each of those you get some major scorestreak potential.

Also, little secret, Guardian+Sentry, protecting eachother. Pretty deadly.

Level 2

in reply to Woulfz11

Very true! I jump on B a lot more than I used to in MW3 because I want that 200 points! Add another 200 for a capture kill and you're well on your way to at least a Hellstorm and Lightning Strike. I love Flak Jacket + Hardline for Domination.

Level 9

Studios