Please Play the Objective!!!

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: Please Play the Objective!!!

in reply to FamilyTeam

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but your playstyle sounds worse than the k/d kids. There is little difference between a kill whore and a death happy flag hopper. Atleast the kw will help the team via score streaks and keeping enemies tied up. Flag hopper, aka quik death, only boosts score streaks for the enemy to wreck your team with. The best possible option to take a flag is for 2 to advance and kill before they get to the flag and two to take the flag. Without that it just rarely works out well for the person trying to cap.

Normally, people boasting about objectives and capping flags have a multitude of deaths from their attempts. If I had to choose what kind of teammate to have in Dom, I would take the kill whore over the flag hopper anyday.

Level 18

in reply to JSlayer211

Flag jumping isn't a bad thing provided the guy doing it has a set up that allows for them to survive, Flack Jacket, Smoke Grenades and a shield are great options for this NOT your typical lightweight, fast hands Dex set ups.

Level 18

in reply to QwertyBoredom

Flak jacket, Lightweight Cold blooded, Ext cond. Dexterity and stuns is my domi class. Pretty good for getting to the Obj. quickly and not dying to explosives.

Level 3

in reply to FamilyTeam

in objective games Flak Jacket is a MUST, worst decision I ever made was not getting it with my first unlock token when I pretiged.

Level 18

in reply to JSlayer211

I have an .69 not because I go 0/30 on a match, but because I always go something like 20/30, or 15/21, so the KD stacked up with time and it got to the point where it is now.

Don't assume just because someone has a Negative KD it is because they can't kill someone. And i don't brainlessly jump on flags unbless I am desperate to get it.

Level 3

in reply to FixBlops2

......pretty sure in TDM it shows your KDR on the scoreboard....it does not on objective modes....so  "taking out KDR where it goes to your stats in obj. modes" will hardly do what you are talking about.  Not everyone who is only going for kills....cares about the KDR...they just want a bunch of kills....example : 83-43    the Kd is hardly a 2.0 but the mass amount of kills is what they cared about.

Therefore,  all your arguements to do such a thing...are quite invalid.

Level 1

in reply to jwaller123

I'm a firm believer that this is a problem because of Scorestreaks. It's the same reason people quit so much. Every time someone ditches the game, it's usually: "Damn, they got a VSat... What and now dogs too? Come on, let's back out."

I don't remember this happening in the first Black Ops as much as it is now. There were 15 killstreaks to choose between, and they were pretty easy to take out. Hell, there's not even any SAM turrets anymore. It just felt more gun on gun to me. You couldn't rely as heavily on killstreaks to do the work with as you can now.

MW (still considered the best by many) had 3 killstreasks, MW2 had 15 killsteaks, MW3 had 3 tiers of killstreaks and might just be the worst.

Black Ops had 15 killstreaks. All of which were pretty easy to destroy, and not too hard to get. The highest ones simply going for 11 kills.

Maybe i'm just thinking about this too much, but each game just seems to get more killstreak/pointstreak/scorestreak heavy, and I think that's causing more problems than they're worth.

Level 12
Highlighted

in reply to jwaller123

I'd like to see the scorestreaks in objective modes filtered out. Keep maybe guardian, sentry and maybe a few others, but get rid of dogs, vsats etc..It's giving players incentive to not play objective..

Basically like this guy
http://community.callofduty.com/message/413959197#413959197

Level 32

in reply to jwaller123

Played Dom. for 2 years on Blops1. It was my Friday night ritual and I played with a heap of people who ended up on my FL. They've left Blops2 already. All of them. It was the only game-mode I liked but they've ruined it completely. They should change the name to "KillFarm" 'cause that's all it is now. Can't be saved with patching,in my view, as the maps are just too small.

Level 4

in reply to DockerBoy

DockerBoy wrote:

Played Dom. for 2 years on Blops1. It was my Friday night ritual and I played with a heap of people who ended up on my FL. They've left Blops2 already. All of them. It was the only game-mode I liked but they've ruined it completely. They should change the name to "KillFarm" 'cause that's all it is now. Can't be saved with patching,in my view, as the maps are just too small.

Domination used to be my only game mode, now I barely play it unless I'm with more then three "friends", they've messed it all up..

Level 32

Studios