Please Define A Camper!!!!

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Please Define A Camper!!!!

I'm confused as what what camping is now-a-days. I play mainly HC Search and I have been called a camper so many times and I'm confused. If I am playing on DEFENSE and I guard the bomb plant sight like the game directs you to as it says DEFEND above the bomb site I am a camper for guarding the site. If I am on offence and either a teammate or I plant the bomb and move to a position to watch the bomb and defend it from people trying to defuse it , again I am a camper. What do people want? For me to plant the bomb and run to the other side of the map while on offence or on defense am I supposed to run around and never guard the bomb sites. If playing the objectives the way it is intended qualifies me as a camper then so be it. I AM A CAMPER !!!! TY

Level 2
24 REPLIES

Re: Please Define A Camper!!!!

in reply to twistedsynns

Your confused for nothing, do not worry, do not over think what others say. People will call you what ever they will want, that doesn't mean your the bad player.

Name calling = doing something right.

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

in reply to Izjar11

If your not defending an objective, spawn camping, sitting in a corner waiting for people to walk by and trying to snipe without a sniper rifle

Level 1
Highlighted

in reply to DirtyVillan

DirtyVillan wrote:

If your not defending an objective, spawn camping, sitting in a corner waiting for people to walk by and trying to snipe without a sniper rifle

Huh?

Point of my response is anything said to him by others specifically calling him a "camper" is just a word invented by those whom whine about losing!

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

in reply to twistedsynns

holding down an area or guarding an objective is not camping.

i define campers as the cheesy pricks that hide in corners waiting for someone to go into the room or alleyway.  or hide under stairways and wait for people to run by.

guarding an objective in an objective-based game isnt camping.

Level 1

in reply to xilfxlegion

To do this against flankers with silencer and sub machine are always acceptable! Just makes my day ruining there scorestreaks by doing this. Just wait for him to run his usual path, flanking around our whole team, just thinkin he could kill us one by one. So, thats not camping, it`s strategy. But of course I agree. In general this suck when he lay there for several minutes without any plans or strategy.

Level 6

in reply to twistedsynns

There's a lot of kids out there who don't actually understand the meaning of the word strategy, and get butt hurt when someone is not playing the game the way THEY think it should be played.  Even if that is the wrong way.

The worse kind of Camper is someone who sits in a room in the middle of nowhere ignoring the objective and aiming down sight at the doorway. They have been known to lay in the same spot for 5 minutes at a time.

Then you have the "perceived camper".  This is someone who is actually moving around the map strategically getting kills in a normal run and gun fashion, but paying attention to the mini map.

This guy will see someone on the mini map about to come his way so he prones and waits for the kill.  This is usually followed by the killee calling him a camper.

Then you have the guy who is playing the game correctly and playing the objective.

We've captured the B flag, so I am going to shoot anyone who tries to go near it.

We have only got the A Bomb site left so I will make sure no one gets near it.

I am not going to be running around like an idiot on the other side of the map from the objective, I am going to protect it.

This is perfectly acceptable.

And well played to you sir

Level 4

in reply to twistedsynns

campers are not found in objective game types unless they are sitting in a NON objective area waiting for people and killing them.

most campers are found in TDM and KC

Level 4

in reply to twistedsynns

someone who has a tent and stays in a field

Level 4

in reply to twistedsynns

The term camper is the most overused and missapropriated word used in this game.

There is no so thing as camping in TDM, or objective games where you are defending something that others try to take over.  There probably needs to be a word for people that are playing obejective games that are are neither going for objectives nor defending them, like squatters...but I truly think the word camper is soley used by people who have no fear of dying, want to run around like chickens with their heads cut off, want to make lame montages on their youtube channels and dont treat these games like war, but rather pacman.

Level 34

Studios