Playing without toughness.

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Playing without toughness.

I guess I am just not that good of a player, or haven't gotten good enough but It seems toughness is a must. I have been trying to get gold in all SMGs so when I take all perks off I really struggle killing people. I get probably 20 assist a game without toughness which is really frustrating. One thing I have noticed and I am not sure if it just me or if anyone else is having this same issue, is that when I am shot without toughness my gun will stop shooting even with my finger pressed down on the trigger. I know that you jump real hard when shot without it but I would still be shooting wouldn't I? There have been times when I meet head on with a guy with a silenced weapon and my gun is not silenced and when shot all I hear is the silencer even with my finger on the trigger. I do think they should nerf the flinch without toughness just a bit because not so great players like myself seem to really struggle without it. I try not complain about anything cause it is just a game but just a tad less flinch would allow me to use something other than toughness without using the 2 second tier perks.

Level 2
15 REPLIES

Re: Playing without toughness.

in reply to TIDE113

try some HC without perks.

Level 18

in reply to xmrythem

I actually haven't thought about that. I guess I should switch to HC when not using perks. Thanks for the idea.

Level 2
Highlighted

in reply to TIDE113

You won't go back to softcore, trust me.

Level 16

in reply to xmrythem

did that recently for "the Art Of War" camaflage wasn't as bad as i thought it would be, but was an interesting experience lol

Level 4

in reply to TIDE113

I dont really use toughness very often, but I play HC.  You generally dont live long enough to need it once someone starts hitting you.

Level 17

in reply to TIDE113

I know what you mean. I end up having to use Toughness on almost all of my classes. Put 3 attachments on your gun and go with HC and you'll have a lot more luck. FMJ, Fast mag, and a laser or suppressor and you should be good to go.

Level 2

in reply to TIDE113

What's annoying is when HC gets littered with Core players going for their kills with no perks...I ask only this on behalf of the HC community and that's - Play KC or TDM please. If you play CTF, at least make an effort.

- Younique

Level 6

in reply to BOps2PI

Never thought about switching to HC when I was doing my no perks/no attachments challanges for the Peacekeeper - that being said, I actually found that my performance improved in Core without the perks/attachments anyway, so it all worked out good.

Level 4

in reply to Bester19761

Yeah sometimes i find that, i take the perks and attatchments off together, and run with 4 tac grenades and a launcher, started doing better than when i had perks etc and got higher scorestreaks - go figure!

Level 7

Studios