Playing thru my iPhone

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: Playing thru my iPhone

in reply to Foxman3501

I like how people come on here to insult other users and make assumptions without reading whats been posted before them.

Level 48

in reply to TL_Bare_B

oooo you have 75 mb fiber optic, man you are truly boss!   Still doenst give you the right to complain about someone else finding a way to make the game playable for them.  They paid 60 bucks just like you, and if iphone tethering is his solution so be it!

Level 7
Highlighted

in reply to Foxman3501

We all payed the price what gives him the right to lower his connection so he sponges bullets from everyone else? Your argument is invalid.

Level 48

in reply to TL_Bare_B

Time for you to join in.

The problem is far too widespread now, its irreversible. It literally is the only way to make this game consistently playable.

Level 8

in reply to sjo74

you just want to make sure you upgrade your phone to an unlimited data plan and you are good to go.

Level 9

in reply to sjo74

Full of crap i tried tethering my iphone and its RUBBISH! laggy as hell and waste of time playing...plus i love getting host i get 80-20 games all the time...must be other people using internet at the same time is all i can say...either that or your using poor equipment

Level 3

in reply to sjo74

The solution is quite simple: set up your xbox connection and change the dns server manually.

First dns: 8.8.8.8

Second dns: 8.8.8.4

This works in most cases (like your phone solution), if you want to do some more improvements read this:

http://www.charlieintel.com/bo2-intel/the-elagaphant/

The dns solution is done in 1 minute so try it its better then screwing up the connection for the rest of the players, that play with you.

Phone connections work fine for you but cause horrible lags for the rest.

Level 16

in reply to spkTKay

second says 8844

Level 15

in reply to sjo74

The reason "Lag Comp" is a problem is because people pull stunts like this.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

What a load of rubbish, how do you know that his tethered connection is poor? Yes he will have a strict nat type but his up/down and ping might be pretty good in comparison to some ISP packages.

I tethered my phone after 4 weeks of terrible gameplay on my fibre optic and it was a huge improvement. This has since balanced out as more updates have been released or the host selection has filtered out and my fibre connection has become playable although still inconsistent. The problem is people on these forums refuse to acknowledge that some people are genuinely struggling and the fact that opting for a slower connection actually helps.

Heaven forbid that the matchmaking problems in BO2 is actually a fault caused by the game itself. Some people won't see an improvement by tethering, but that does not mean others are talking crap or lying when they say they see an improvement.

Level 6

Studios