Pistols in Black Ops 2 why are they so powerful?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: Pistols in Black Ops 2 why are they so powerful?

in reply to thecodpredator

That's close range for me. An example of mid range is the distance between the walkway and the control post on the middle. I would rather have the pistols work the way they are rather than have them underpowered on any situation just like in MW3. In MW3, they are just a waste of weapon lineup.

Level 35

Couple of times I have been killed by a pistol at questionable range but I blamed myself for standing still and presenting a target. Sometimes its lag, but the pistols are fine. The executioner might need a slight buff but I havent used it extensively yet.

Level 25

So you comment on a thread with the same exact content and then post another thread? Canned meat.

Pistols take up a CaC slot, so they have to be usable, viable alternatives.

The guns in this game are amazingingly balanced. You must have never played with the Python in Black Ops. That gun was a sniper from range and a shotgun up close.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

I started my thread before that other one was around I used the search function and couldnt see anything immediatly relevant as soon as I clicked post discussion it refreshed and loe and behold the other thread you are referring to was first one on the list I chuckled at the conincidence and then read and posted on his thread sorry for ruining your day by being part of a random sequence of events I shall try harder next time to avoid such things

Level 4

Apparently punctuation is OP as well?

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

I am severely dyslexic managing to even type coherently is a challenge for me forgive me my faux paux of not taking an hour to reply to every post to add in punctuation to ease the burden of your poor eyes

Level 4

Don't sweat, I understood. Some top participants here, are forum bullies. Sad really.

Level 2

HEY HEY HEY now.... Canned meat is my line. You do not have permission to use it!!

And to add my position in this treat. I do think the pistols are a bit too strong. They are labeled as secondaries for a reason. Should not compete with primaries! I think the pistols in BO1, mostly the M1911, was one of the best pistols to date.  I could do work with that pistol but it did not kill faster than any primary weapon. 

Also OP... I agree the weapons in BO1 were actually greatly balanced as long as your remove the famas from the equation.  That thing was one of the most OP weapons in CoD history! Right there with the PDW in BO2

Level 15

in reply to Rize_BHo

The SMAW is labeled a secondary. Should it not be OHK?

Level 14

nicedrewishfela wrote:

So you comment on a thread with the same exact content and then post another thread? Canned meat.

Pistols take up a CaC slot, so they have to be usable, viable alternatives.

The guns in this game are amazingingly balanced. You must have never played with the Python in Black Ops. That gun was a sniper from range and a shotgun up close.

Are you fuckiing insaine? All the weapons are balanced??? check combat records next time you are in a game lobby 90% will be SMGS, why? because SMGs are the most effective gun in the game BY FAR if weapons were balanced you would see a nice mix of AR, SMG, LMG, shotgun and snipers as the most used weapons by people NOT smg, smg, smg, smg, smg, smg, ar, smg, smg, sniper, smg, smg, shotgun, smg, smg, lmg, smg, smg, smg

There is no gun balance in a game when one gun type by far rises above the rest, tho that can also be attributed to map design, reguardless balance is NOT there when it comes to the different types of weapons

but seriously on the topic of pistols, they are meant to be a back up weapon, not be effective as a primary (most maps in this game make it so a pistol can be used as a primary and stand up to actual primary weapons just fine))  at not point in time should a PISTOL be able to outgun an ASSAULT RIFLE at medium range short of teh AR user just plain sucking, but they often can and that shouldnt be happening. I wouldnt say they are OMG OP!! but they are def stronger then they should be given their weapon type

Level 11

Studios