PROBATION??? I'm 40yrs old & don't appreciate being disciplined by a game maker, this needs to go!!

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: PROBATION??? I'm 40yrs old & don't appreciate being disciplined by a game maker, this needs to go!!

in reply to minionsquisher

I am sitting  out a probation right now.  this crappy game splits up my party and I quit games to hook back up with them, or I get put in games where I fire half a magf and get one shotted.  Im not staying in those games and going 10 and 30 anymore.  So now I am on probation.  Guess what?  don't care.  This game and company don't get probation/. won't buy another product from them, period.  I already paid for my elite, really am enjoying the free month of elite I got from MW3 because it was crap for the first month of the game. I'll keep playing when this is probation is over.  but as I said, this company will not see one thin dime of my money again.  Hope that 5 minutes was worth it. idiots.

Level 8

Re: PROBATION??? I'm 40yrs old & don't appreciate being disciplined by a game maker, this needs to go!!

I never leave games, and i've been put on probation today because the host dashboarded 4 or 5 times in a row, then everyone's game froze during the killcam of 1 match, so we all had to restart our consoles, which gave us another probation. This is getting old quick.

Level 22

People are poor sports.  The moment the game momentum doesn't swing their way, the quit out.  This was a problem in BLOPS1, and the community complained.  They responded with a system to punish those who quit, and I couldn't be more pleased.  If you quit, YOUR teammates suffer, not the team that is dominating you.  40 or not, quit making excuses.

Level 13

in reply to slap1i

but that makes you completely simple minded...this games connections are pathetic to say the least..my xbox froze on me and I got this retarded probation crap...its not just affecting people who willingly leave the game...its screwing over people who are getting screwed by the game itself

Level 1

in reply to dasffd

While the disconnects are unfortunate, it's hard to believe you'd have connection problems to the point where you would be placed on probation.  You quit games that you were losing.  This is why probation was added. 

Level 13

in reply to slap1i

you haven't a clue, i have been disconnected countless times the past few days and only until today have i gotten the probation message. haven't intentionally quit a game, just "connection interrupted" and then booted only to get probation...this crap is getting ridiculous.

Level 2

in reply to xxxdcleaterxxx

What am I doing right then?  I've been playing on the same servers as you since the game came out, and I've NEVER been put on probation.  I've quit a few games for various reasons, but I don't make a habit out of doing it.  Based on this experience, anyone complaining about the disconnects has them coupled with poor-sport quits to meet the requirement for probation IMO.  It doesn't just disconnect enough to qualify.

Level 13

in reply to slap1i

Connection issues happen. I run a 50MB pipe in my house, and still at times I get goofy connection issues either to host or CODs crap servers. I agree that most likely no one is going to get on probation based on connection however in a perfect storm of nonsense this could happen.

Point of the game is to play correct? Let everyone play, trying to put in 1000s of rules and crap will just turn this into a horrid game like what happened with Diablo 3. 3Arc needs to focus on fixing thier hit boxs, lag comps, glitches, servers, etc..... While I think it is nice they are trying to stop some people from quiting early, all it will do is cause more upset and in the end be useless. Hell I saw the warning off of quiting a BOT game. A BOT GAME! Really? The thought process is lacking on this one.

Level 1

in reply to xxxdcleaterxxx

Exactly the same happened to me right now. 1 minute probation . It was 3 or 4 games in a row that the game ended with lost connection to host, nothing to do with me leaving the game. Well, I guess this is only the start then, by the end of the year I am suspended for lifetime for leaving the game . But 1 minute without playing I can live with.

Level 6

in reply to dasffd

The few occations where folks with genuinely bad connections are being punished are acceptable to me.  Probation was put it place to prevent people from leaving losing efforts.  This was a step forward in my opinion as only an immature gamer would leave a game once their team falls behind.  While your connection/xbox issue may be unfortunate, it doesn't change the fact that you're leaving your team behind.  Guess what, you just made the situation worse for your team, and they're likely to stick it out for the loss being another man down.  Toughen up, KD WL won't get you laid.

Level 13

Studios