PLEASE Change Hardcore Capture the Flag

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

PLEASE Change Hardcore Capture the Flag

i play hardcore capture the flag alot, i really want treyarch to hide the kill sign when someone has the flag.....

Level 1
22 REPLIES

Re: PLEASE Change Hardcore Capture the Flag

in reply to RufioFB

Why? So you can camp with the flag? This is to promote a more intense structure of gameplay in HCTF.

I'm currently ranked as quite high up in HCTF and my clan, the IRL Clan, our gamemode is also HCTF and they also approve of the change.

Level 1

in reply to IRLClan

actually they still cant camp the flag. it would actually be nice if some people would camp t eh flag in the real; meaning of that, by actually defending.

no, the kill sign is dumb. if you ever play CTF in BLOPS 1 you will understand how much more fun it is when you dont have that dumb marker foating around (only seen in minimap with spy plane IF runner does not have ghost). its more fun to scout out the flag carrier than to know EXACTLY WHERE THEY ARE. those aids are for noobs and noobs should stay out of hardcore please. well, i suppose you can still play. you can pad my kill streaks lol.

Level 18

in reply to RufioFB

All I can say is: LOL

Activision Ambassador

in reply to RufioFB

O.o that's stupid... just saying.

BuX
Level 6

in reply to RufioFB

I agree with the OP.  As someone who nearly exclusively plays HC CTF and is a flag runner. 

There is a certain strategy for running flags and forward progress is not always the best choice. 

As a flag runner your only choice is now speed.

Also, we are playing a team game, communication is key to winning and the "kill me" icon takes all of that out of play. 

I would also add that you are at a strategic disadvantage as the flag carrier when both flags are out.  Your enemy knows where you are but you can't see where they are.  If I choose to run ghost give me the benefit of not having to deal with that icon above my head. 

I am not one to hold flags unless people are finishing a kill streak or they are calling in a care package.  In those instances I will give them time to use the streak before capturing but this is not holding the flag for 5 minutes this is 30 seconds to 1 minute at most. 

Level 6

in reply to RufioFB

Yep - totally agree to do this in Hard Core Mode.

The devs totally ruined any kind of strategy by adding these things in the game. WHilst I do love a good arcade shooter - which this clearly is - I also like the ability to formulate a plan to get my team the W. This cant happen with noob tags floating around everywhere.

Level 14

in reply to RufioFB

I think they should remove the Kill sign from HCTF as well. It is stupid! That was the worst move / change for HCTF! I will bet there are more people who want this gone than not. That is what made the game in Black Ops 1. Why change a good thing? They should just have it in Core and not in Hardcore that way the ones who want it, can go play core. You can't camp because if you sit still, you will show up on the radar. It makes it more strategic and more fun to remove it. PLEASE REMOVE IT!

Level 1

in reply to ChonnyMc

This is a terrible idea and would basically kill the CTF playlist in my opinion. It makes it so that literally the only way you can play CTF is is you have a full team of 6. Otherwise, if you get stuck in a lobby with two teammates in party chat, or one teammate who doesn't have a mic, you would either be forced to back out of the lobby and restart your search, or play the game knowing you are basically doomed to failure.

Level 1

in reply to bleedorange

I don't believe not having a kill sign on the flag carrier would be your biggest problem if you have teammates like the scenario you provided nor will it help your cause. CTF is a team based playlist and communication is always important when playing HC unless it's FFA (R.I.P.)

Level 5

Studios