PLEASE ANSWER??

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: PLEASE ANSWER??

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

wow wasnt expecting you to go find the second link. most wont do that TYVM. it sucks that it wont be backwards compat

Level 45

nicedrewishfela wrote:

Happy? http://news.xbox.com/2013/05/qa

Q:    Will Xbox One be backward compatible with my existing games?

A:    Xbox One hardware is not compatible with Xbox 360 games. We designed Xbox One to play an entirely new generation of games—games that are architected to take full advantage of state-of-the-art processors and the infinite power of the cloud. We care very much about the investment you have made in Xbox 360 and will continue to support it with a pipeline of new games and new apps well into the future.

Doesnt stop them from making an emulator.

Besides someone from MS did breifly mention something that went along the same lines as the PS3 .

Level 72

in reply to starbuckfrack

I expect to see a lot of these old games in an XBox One Arcade format.

Personally disappointed as I love going back and playing the old games, but I can't think of many Game systems that were truly backwards compatible. I am sure that when I do get the new gen... I won't want to go back and play the older gen games as much as I loved them. And.. if I do... I may just keep my old XBox in order to do so.

When Nintendo 64 came out I don't think I ever went back and played my NES. It sucks, but its pretty much always been the way with console gaming.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

nicedrewishfela wrote:

I expect to see a lot of these old games in an XBox One Arcade format.

Personally disappointed as I love going back and playing the old games, but I can't think of many Game systems that were truly backwards compatible. I am sure that when I do get the new gen... I won't want to go back and play the older gen games as much as I loved them. And.. if I do... I may just keep my old XBox in order to do so.

When Nintendo 64 came out I don't think I ever went back and played my NES. It sucks, but its pretty much always been the way with console gaming.

That was something I remember them mentioning.

PS2 was PS1 compatable.

You know there is an emulator you can get for the Wii , and to run it your dont have to mod your console at all. You just need an Indiana Jones game to make the sytem reboot and it loads the Homebrew Browser. Then once its on there it stays on there even with new Wii updates.

I even play Arcade Games on an emulator on that one. too bad though my wifes laptop cant play games like that.

Level 72

in reply to starbuckfrack

Don't know if you've seen but microsoft have done a complete 180 on the X1, Apparently 'everything we know is wrong'. Lets hope they do it right this time eh?

Level 7

in reply to SoMCJoker

Dont worry you'll see Raid and Standoff in some sort of DLC in BO3.

Level 1

Studios