Opinion on JumpShotting!?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: Opinion on JumpShotting!?

in reply to zombieslayer798

my comment for that is the same as teabaggin someone after you kill them:

you look like an idiot when i kill you while you are doing that.

Level 6

It, like any extreme movement, should have a negative impact on your aim versus fixed, prone, crouching, etc stances.  Just like going prone from a jump should and would make your aim very poor.  In game, it's just another way to take advantage of poor hit detection and latency/lag comp.  It is funny to shoot people trying it and failing mid air though.

Level 4

in reply to teflon_skull

teflon_skull wrote:

It, like any extreme movement, should have a negative impact on your aim versus fixed, prone, crouching, etc stances.  Just like going prone from a jump should and would make your aim very poor.  In game, it's just another way to take advantage of poor hit detection and latency/lag comp.  It is funny to shoot people trying it and failing mid air though.

you do know that ANY kind of movement causes an accuracy drop right?

Level 45

in reply to deamonomic

But is it enough?  Is the penatly the same for all movement or do more extreme maneuvers give more of a penalty.  IE, is running and jump to prone diving the same penalty?  See where I'm going with this?

Level 4

in reply to teflon_skull

teflon_skull wrote:

But is it enough?  Is the penatly the same for all movement or do more extreme maneuvers give more of a penalty.  IE, is running and jump to prone diving the same penalty?  See where I'm going with this?

ya know, I dont know Ill have to figure out a way to test this... how I dont know...

Level 45

in reply to deamonomic

I would be interested to see what the difference is. I know that it feels like it isn't significant when someone jumpshots me with a remington, but the r870 is such a spray cannon that maybe the accuracy penalty isn't enough

Level 1

in reply to iSAL1

I dont think you can accuracy pentalty it enough. Its a shot gun that has spread. I dont even have to be aimed at you to hit you.

Level 45

Really with how the weapons would really work I think it is stupid that it is allowed. But since the game is not meant to 100% mimick reality, I deal with it. Plus if they ever removed it all the MLG, YT feeders would cry about it and threaten to boycott the game because it removed a skillful tactic from them being able to use.

Level 70

I only find the jump-shotters annoying when it's clear they're using a modded controller, doing the whole jumping clear over your head thing while their controller auto-fires at an insane fire rate and even auto-aims for them. All at the touch of a single button.  Normal jump-shotters doing it on normal stock controllers I usually just kill because funny enough they actually tend to jump up IN to my line of fire as I tend to start at the chest and then let the natrual recoil of the gun lift it as it fires usually ending in a head-shot anyway. So I get less head-shots off of them but still kill them with center of mass hits.

Level 13

Until last night I would have said that this is one thing that must be removed. Now I'm not so sure. I still don't like it as it gives the jumper a clear advantage (I know from trying it myself) although a semi-fix to combat it appears to be turning off the aim-assist.

The added control I have seems to bring me back into the fight slightly to the point where I'll win about 4 out of 10 battles with the Halo jumpers. Previously it was down at 1 or 2.

From the times I've done it to test out just how it works I have to admit 100% that the accuracy decrease is hardly anything. I can come around a corner, jumpshot and take out an enemy from distance whilst they just spray a stream of bullets into the area I had been 0.1 of a second prior. I really can't quite put my finger on it, but something about the way it works is really off.

Level 8

Studios