Old Ghost with Old SP.

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Old Ghost with Old SP.

Who would like to have the old Ghost(BO) if they bring back Stopping Power(MW2) in the next Treyarch or IW game?

Level 47
12 REPLIES
Highlighted

Re: Old Ghost with Old SP.

in reply to iivrruummii

Nope. Like it the way it is. Don't need to keep bringing back the past, change is good.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

I was just thinking of MW2...LOL.

Level 47

in reply to iivrruummii

I don't mind if they bring it back as long you can't combine these two perks via wildcard.

What they should bring back is the good old connection and hit detection.

Level 24

in reply to FixBlops2

MW2 style. Without pros also.

Level 47

in reply to iivrruummii

I had never a problem with Stopping Power or Cold Blooded in MW2. I think both perks were well balanced after all, SP gave you extra damage while CB protects you from UAV and Vehicles. CB corner campers were not big of a problem since they didn't do as much damage as SP players, and SP players always on the radar.

Level 24

in reply to FixBlops2

MW2 had a lot of balance but had a lot of exploits.

Level 47

in reply to iivrruummii

I agree. But it was still the most enjoyable CoD for me even with all the exploits due to the good hit detection and connection in general. I shoot, he died.

Level 24

in reply to FixBlops2

It was possible to play against Europeans on their host unlike BO, MW3, and BO2.

Level 47

in reply to iivrruummii

I'd be pretty interesting to see how stopping power would work out in the more modern games. It has to make gun balance a nightmare, but I think it could be done on a gun-by-gun basis. In MW2 it just gave every gun a flat 1.4 times damage bonus. This made it so it had no effect on some guns, and drastic effects on others. While some of this was probably intentional and I would like to think some thought went into it, I'd like to see how a more polished game like Black Ops 2 (in terms of many balance aspects, anyway) would play with it. I think the balance between stealth and power worked out pretty well in MW2, though I think regardless you'd probably run into the same "issue" that stopping power becomes an almost necessary perk. But as the game plays now I'd argue it's toughness which is essentially just a modified juggernaut.

I think a basic one bullet decrease to kill at all ranges would be a good place to start, with various tweaks depending on the characteristics and strengths of each gun.

Level 3

Studios