Not playing the objective

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Highlighted

Re: Not playing the objective

in reply to Scorr

Scorr wrote:

Just play with friends?

Thats really the only way do it it this year, I refuse to play with randoms in bo2.

Level 32

in reply to CraigEtches1

the point of domination is to win. Its best to hold only 2 flags, force the enemy to spawn at one point and rack up lots of kills.

when you control all 3 flags, the spawn everywhere, and you start dying from behind.

holding 2 flags and spawn raping is playing the objective.  You are being dominated and can't leave your spawn.

Level 18

in reply to CraigEtches1

ive learned there is more ways to playing the objective than just throwing yourself on a flag and feeding the other team points for their streaks ive started playing more of a support type role using either a sniper or lmg

Level 25

in reply to CraigEtches1

I was just put in to a game that was 3 minutes in on downhill (domination), neither team had captured B flag. So after about 30 seconds of making my way to a strategic position to capture it I noticed that my whole team were camped up sniping and so were the other team.

After capturing B flag I un-muted my mic and just asked the lobby if everyone was sniping for kills in this game, no word of a lie 3 guys spoke up and said yes.

I hate leaving games but I just said fair enough and backed out.

So far as objective gameplay is concerned Treyarch have not done enough to put off the ex-TDM players from using game modes like domination to boost their KD and they haven't encouraged people to play the objective enough.

Yes I do play in a group normally, but as you all know not everyone is online at 08:00am.

I hate to complain and moan about this problem but I need to vent my anger and frustration some how. Grrrrrr

Level 6

in reply to TheHive-Grandad

So long as they have a lot of defends its cool but I too see people clear out B and don't even attempt to cap it. They will literally run through the B flag it's annoying. There's nothing to stop it :/

Level 1

in reply to CraigEtches1

simple fix .... make the B objective worth more points to hold and cap ... more would play objectives

when i first started this game all i played was domination but now avoid it due to the non objective team mates .

Level 2

in reply to trickynicky

I don't think it has anything to do with the points for capturing and defending, it has everything to do with the points for killing and the fact that the K/D statistic still applies to objective game types.

The one and only way either 3arch or IW can fix domination or any other objective based game type is to completely remove kill points that aren't objective based ie a defence or attack kill, completely remove KD stats from these game types so they no longer count towards your career KD and increased the points for objective based actions.

It is so simple, but then the MLG and youtube t*****s won't be able to get their 100+ commentaries by kill whoring so Vonderhaar won't have any boyfriends anymore.

Level 6

in reply to trickynicky

Well, it's not just about making B flag worth more points but making it worth points in increments imo. I think your points for capping a flag should be divided and applied to you as you are capping and each flag only gives you points once per life or until the flag is taken by the other team. Example, on Hardpoint you get 200 pts when you take over the HP. But you can't just run in and out getting points over and over. Same would apply to flag caps, your points would start rolling in incrementally as you cap a flag. So you may be a hair away from your next scorestreak and the flag capping starts that streak that saves your life and helps you cap the flag. Instead it's an all or nothing situation. If you fail trying to cap a flag, you get no points, no streaks, just a big death on your name. The biggest problem with flag capping is that the effort is unrewarded, only the success. So you end up seeing teammates not jump on the flag until the last second as to reduce their chances of death with you.

Level 18

in reply to CraigEtches1

I HAVE SAID THIS MAY TIMES...

TAKE OUT KDR, KILLS AND DEATHS IN ALL OBJECTIVE GAME MODES WHICH LEAVES ONLY FFA AND TDM THAT EVEN RECORDS YOUR KILLS AND DEATHS...

IF THERE IS NO VISUAL KILLS AND DEATHS IN A GAME THEN THERE IS NO NEED TO CAMP AND IGNORE THE OBJECTIVE.

Level 13

in reply to CraigEtches1

Yesterday I was in a lobby playing 6 matches with one dude having 0 captures in all 6 of them.

What the F is he doing in domination. GTFO

Level 14

Studios